So What time does 11.0 comes out?

I’m pretty excited about downloading it. So When will it actually be available on the site? Hopefully just after 12 gmt!

:slight_smile:

I wish. I think 10.3 came out sometime in the late afternoon (here in England), but I could be wrong. It was a LONG time ago…

I wonder how long you have to queue to get a dld. Out of interest, please let us know afterwards :slight_smile:

Here (Central Standard Time(GMT-6)) 10.3 came out around 10am, site was nice and fast, then I try metalink, and decide not to overload the servers with 4 connections to each using 15 server (gets me a cd in <10min ;)),then I wanted to use http/fpt, site wouldn’t load, it was flooded, I then went to software.opensuse.org, which did load, I got the torrent, it took the whole day to download

For anyone that was on the alphas/betas/RCs, openSUSE 11.0 is already available at download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/xxx

You can simply upgrade by switching your sources to that and updating your packages. The nvidia (and I assume ATI/AMD driver) are available now for 11.0, as well.

Cheers,
KV

Looks like it will be out on June 19th @ 15:00 CEST.
Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE counter -1 on release day?

So the time that images are downloadable I’ll be drunk at my summercabin having midsummer party :slight_smile:
What would be better way to celebrate new openSUSE release.

Kinda defies the fact that yesterday it says there was only 1 day to go when we really there is 2 days to go…fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

Except that from my understanding, on day zero it counts down hours not days so there is nothing really to fix.

But surely 1 day to go means 24 hours until release. Not 24 hours untill 24 hours to go unles it is properly specified.

Im not being an arse about this im just saying.

It means 24 till 24 left, as can be seen from the counter (now it’s 20)

> For anyone that was on the alphas/betas/RCs, openSUSE 11.0 is already
> available at download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/xxx
>
> You can simply upgrade by switching your sources to that and updating
> your packages. The nvidia (and I assume ATI/AMD driver) are available
> now for 11.0, as well.

Which as of today 1:00 EST is currently 840 packages at 1.92 GB if you’re
running RC1…but still probably quicker to update than to try and grab
the ISO when it hits the servers.

Vista…Why risk it? Fdisk it!

I see T- 19 is that not 19 minutes right ? :cool:

Now I’m seeing it’s 14 hours left from VietNam :smiley: