Thread: User ID, Password, and email address issues

Blog Entries

Arrow User ID, Password, and email address issues

The openSUSE forums doesn't use a standard vBulletin login system, but rather the openSUSE (Novell) login system used throughout the openSUSE web site. Your openSUSE login ID is your ID here in the forums. (*Not all Novell IDs show up in the forum membership list)

CHANGING YOUR FORUM ID:
    If you find yourself with an ID that you don't want, the easiest thing for you to do is to create a new profile and login under that new ID. If you would like, you can let us know what the new ID is, and we can either merge the two IDs *OR* change the ID on the old account if you haven't logged in with the new account yet.

If you want your ID changed so you can keep the same email address (each ID requires a unique & valid email address), you should use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page and give details about why you want it changed and what you want it changed to. We can then change the user ID in the Novell Login for you and either rename your old forum account or merge it into the new one.

CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESS, PASSWORD, ETC.
    If you want to change anything but the login ID on your account, go to the login page (by clicking on the LOGIN link here on the forums or on any openSUSE page) and select the MANAGE ACCOUNT option.

EMAIL MISMATCH PROBLEMS
    If you try to login to the forums and you get an "email address already exists" error, that means that the user ID you are using in Novell Login doesn't match the one existing on the forums (Two different user IDs with the same email address). This can happen if you modify your user ID on either system. Use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page and we'll get it fixed for you.

NOTE: Due to technical problems (actually darn good security in forum software) users from other forums have not been imported into the openSUSE forums. Users with an openSUSE login account can use it to login to the forums. Users without an openSUSE login account will have to create a new account before they can use all the features the forums offer. If the user ID you want is already taken, you will have to select another user ID.
    Last edited by kgroneman; 23-Nov-2009 at 15:09.
    My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing