Thread: Search engines ... and Linux Distro

Lightbulb Search engines ... and Linux Distro

Hi,

I do not know the statistics from the former forums domains but this morning I used some search engines on queries from former issues and the results showed far less SuSE/OpenSuSE forum results them the ones I could find previously.

We all know that search engine optimization is an art rather then a science and that it takes time to get a good score on page ranks, but many things can be done to help user go directly to this fora.
    I think this is particularly important for new users that face for the first time Linux and must have more support.

Things like placing on the Distro's OpenSuSE Greeter and Help menu links to the foruns would be something simple since now the joint forums are officially under the same site.

Just a thought ...

Regards,
    Pedro

Blog Entries

Default Re: Search engines ... and Linux Distro

FYI we use a search engine optimizer package on our forums and have submitted sitemaps to Google and Yahoo, but it takes time for it to be implemented and propigate. You should see improved search results soon.
    My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing

Default Re: Search engines ... and Linux Distro

Hi,

That was exactly my point ... it takes time.
    Therefore some help from the distro itself would be invaluable, as newcomers will easily find a direct link to the forum.

Regards,
    Pedro