Musrt be the final release!

I’m as far as I know already running GM, but now my updater
just offered me 1065 updates!

Afraid not. Check out the information provided here:
Upgrade 11.0 RC1 → 11.0 GA - Page 2 - openSUSE Forums

This provides the simplest way to make sure you are on the Goldmaster.

James

Give the output of

zypper lr -d

Updating laptop right now, going to boot Desktop soon, but waiting for laptop to get most updates since I’m also downloading stuff for work and school on another computer and my sis is on Xbox Live with my cousin.

| Alias | Name | Aktiviert | Auffrischen | Priorität | Typ | URI

—±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------±----------------------------------------------±----------±------------±----------±-------±----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | X11:Enlightenment.repo_1 | X11:Enlightenment.repo | Nein | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/Enlightenment/SUSE_Factory
2 | openSUSE-DVD 11.0 | openSUSE-DVD 11.0 | Nein | Nein | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0
3 | Index of /update/11.0 | Hauptaktulisierungs-Repository | Ja | Ja | 20 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.0
4 | X11:/windowmanagers | X11:/windowmanagers | Nein | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/windowmanagers/openSUSE_Factory
5 | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0
6 | Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - XFCE | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.0
7 | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.0
8 | Index of /repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - PHP | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.0
9 | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:Community | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.0
10 | languages:/smalltalk_1 | languages:/smalltalk | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/smalltalk/openSUSE_11.0
11 | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Pakete | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.0
12 | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.0/ | VideoLan Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.0/
13 | Emulators | Emulators | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators/openSUSE_11.0
14 | filesystems | filesystems | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/filesystems/openSUSE_Factory
15 | languages:/prolog_1 | languages:/prolog | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/prolog/openSUSE_11.0
16 | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.0
17 | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.0 | NVIDIA Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.0
18 | Education:desktop_1 | Education:desktop | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Education:/desktop/openSUSE_11.0
19 | languages:/pascal | languages:/pascal | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/pascal/openSUSE_Factory
20 | Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - X11:XGL | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.0
21 | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.0 | Packman Repository | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.0
22 | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:STABLE | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.0
23 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Backports | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.0
24 | home:schmolle1980 | home:schmolle1980 | Nein | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/home:/schmolle1980/openSUSE_11.0
25 | Index of /download/repo/1.0/11.0 | openSUSE Education | Ja | Ja | 99 | yast2 | Index of /download/repo/1.0/11.0
26 | Index of /distribution/11.0/repo/oss | Haupt-Repository (Open Source Software - OSS) | Ja | Ja | 20 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.0/repo/oss
27 | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.0 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Ja | Ja | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.0
28 | Index of /distribution/11.0/repo/non-oss | Haupt-Repository (Nicht-OSS) | Ja | Ja | 20 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.0/repo/non-oss

Well is this the Goldmaster Release, what came yesterday - or is it the final release?

the official torrents seem to be up.

I even have two seeders on the dvd images … not very fast but at least they are coming in. At this rate I will be done by thursday.

Stefan

can u give a link to the official torrents please?

opensuse 11.0 official torrentfiles - torrent :slight_smile: (download torrent) - TPB)

that’s a torrent file containing the torrent files for some reason. I checked the dvd torrents and they are announced by opensuse.org

announce41:http://tracker.opensuse.org:6969/announce7

stefan

thanks for the links, I still has 2gb of updates left though

Thanks for the link!

Well, seeding all together, thursday can come.

Will there be a number released, how many people downloaded openSUSE 11.0? :smiley:

how do we know this is officially 11.0, couldn’t it just be rc1 renamed on a torrent? im downloading it now…but once installed, how will i know it’s different from 11.0-rc1 i’m on now…?

cheers.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Once the md5sums for the final build are posted just compare them with
the ISO you download which is one way you should verify everything you
download (md5sum, sha1sum, etc.). In the meantime you’ve at worst
wasted a couple GB bandwidth (who cares) or else you have saved yourself
a day or two of downloading starting Thursday.

Good luck.

thestig wrote:
| how do we know this is officially 11.0, couldn’t it just be rc1 renamed
| on a torrent? im downloading it now…but once installed, how will i
| know it’s different from 11.0-rc1 i’m on now…?
|
| cheers.
|
|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIV9eb3s42bA80+9kRAs6ZAJwOuMNei/e4nZ8XgRRl4zglvCxoeACfcoi1
fYzjlIA8FeEB3C7VUbur6XM=
=Gtl3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

hey can someone tell me if ktorrent is messing with me,

could it possibly download 4.29gb in 5 hours at a speed as low 26kb/s

snakeeyes wrote:
> hey can someone tell me if ktorrent is messing with me,
>
> could it possibly download 4.29gb in 5 hours at a speed as low 26kb/s
>
>
Maybe it doesn’t have the whole file. Remember, you are trying to
download as iso that hasn’t been fully propagated to all mirrors so you
might not be pulling the whole file even though the tracker will tell
you it should be 4.29gb’s. This is why it is always the best idea to
just wait until release date when you know you will be able to pull the
full file.

thanks, I think I will wait till final then :slight_smile:

i always believed that the advantage of torrents is that not all mirrors/peers/seeders need to have all the bits necessary in the download, the torrent client itself knows what to get and where to put it and in the end that (almost always) results in a consistent file, it is not like a ftp download or anything.

Anyway for me the download was fine although rather slow and speed varying from 5 to 500kb but the SUMS match and the tracker is from opensuse, so I have faith!

stefan

thanks everyone :slight_smile:

i’m downloading mine right now, still going it’s done 2.82gb so far and at this rate should be done by early evening. will install it, keep the .iso file and when the md5 sums are on the opensuse site for the torrents (presumably they will be up thursday), i’ll compare them the file i’m downloading now. not much benefit of having it a day early i suppose. but i just want it lol.

I don’t think we need to be worried cause the tracker is opensuse.org so I think its safe, correct me if I am wrong though

i suppose so… :smiley: still going strong now, going about 60KB/s give or take a little, sometimes slows down to 20ish, sometimes get bursts of over 120 so… but it’s currently saying eta in 5hours time. will let you know how things go. at work now so hopefully will finish before i go home, burn the disc at home and install it, update it tomorrow and install all needed software etc. hopefully tomorrow all repositories will be up and running properly, presumably they are the same as rc1 repo’s?