Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Firefox 3 download record

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UTC+10
    Posts
    9,683
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Firefox 3 download record

    Don't forget, today (Tuesday) is Firefox 3 release day. Help them achieve a Guinness Book record for the most downloaded software in 24 hours by getting a copy of Firefox 3. Most people would wait for the OpenSUSE package, but a lot of us have other machines to run Firefox 3 on: PCs, Macs. Watch this site:

    Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    it is still monday here but will tomorrow

  3. #3

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    Tuesday UCT 9.10 - not yet available for download I've subscribed to their e-mail so ill know when it is! I'll try to shove it up here too.

    Spread Firefox | Download Day 2008
    Last edited by tompickles; 17-Jun-2008 at 02:13. Reason: Addition of Link
    Currently Ubuntu 8.04 / XP Dual Boot - Awaiting openSUSE 11.0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, European Union
    Posts
    1,879

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    Nownow, you can't blame them for not bothering to think there's a world outside USA ;-)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    ken yap wrote:

    >
    > Don't forget, today (Tuesday) is Firefox 3 release day. Help them
    > achieve a Guinness Book record for the most downloaded software in 24
    > hours by getting a copy of Firefox 3. Most people would wait for the
    > OpenSUSE package, but a lot of us have other machines to run Firefox 3
    > on: PCs, Macs. Watch this site:
    >
    > 'Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable'
    > (http://getfirefox.com)
    >
    >

    I have subscribed to it as well and will do the needful.

  6. #6
    Graham P Davis NNTP User

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    tompickles wrote:

    >
    > Tuesday UCT 9.10 - not yet available for download I've subscribed to
    > their e-mail so ill know when it is! I'll try to shove it up here too.
    >
    > 'Spread Firefox | Download Day 2008'
    > (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/)
    >
    >


    Should be available from 1700GMT.

    --
    Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman, not newsboy.
    "What use is happiness? It can't buy you money." [Chic Murray, 1919-85]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pyrenees, France
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    Will the release have those new slick looking themes I have seen people working on?
    Linux user 367344

  8. #8

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    It will have tango and blend in with gtk, if you use the gtk-qt-engine, it will blend in with qt
    "If it ain't broke, find something wrong with it"

  9. #9

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    Some entertainment while we wait (link from Linux and Open Source Blog):
    Microsoft Abandons Internet Explorer 8 Development for Firefox 3

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Firefox 3 download record

    Graham P Davis wrote:
    > tompickles wrote:
    >
    >> Tuesday UCT 9.10 - not yet available for download I've subscribed to
    >> their e-mail so ill know when it is! I'll try to shove it up here too.
    >>
    >> 'Spread Firefox | Download Day 2008'
    >> (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/)
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Should be available from 1700GMT.
    >


    i got mine but can't find ONE WORD on how to install it on my SuSE 10.3!

    it comes in a *tar.bz2, in which i expected to find the source to
    compile/install OR an rpm....instead, it _kinda_ looks like a ready to
    run executable....so, how am i supposed to install that??

    strange!

    DenverD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •