Thread: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Default How to fix discolored KDE panel

A while a go I had a problem on my netbook (ASUS EEE PC 1000H) and old laptop (Dell Latitude D600) that after disabling desktop effects and first reboot (KDE 4.4.4) the panel would go this dark colour like this:

Thanks to @Edward_Iii who helped me fix this problem a while a go in this post:
    KDE Panel discolored

I just wanted to post this so it will help anybody else who had the same problem. What you have to do is click on the little cashew on the right side of the panel (if you don't see the cashew you may have to unlock your widgets) and drag the Height down and this will make the panel smaller and fixes the problem. I put my height on 25 and that solved the issue (on my eee pc 1000H). After that lock the widgets and if you reboot or log off and log back in your panel will still be normal colour

This problem only existed when I disabled desktop effects and rebooted/logged off and logged back in/shutdown. I have not tried either of these computers on a later KDE version (just on 4.4.4) so I don't know if it is fixed in a later version.
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Default Απ: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Good to read that problem fixed!!!
    You go through system settings-->appearance-->workplace and you can fix this(a another solution to your problem)

Always Friendly!!!!
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Default Re: Απ: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Yes you can - this problem appears to be a bug with the "Air openSUSE" style - setting "Air for netbooks" style and a log off/log it is fine (no dicoloration)

Default Απ: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Quote Originally Posted by ah7013 View Post
    A while a go I had a problem on my netbook (ASUS EEE PC 1000H) and old laptop (Dell Latitude D600) that after disabling desktop effects and first reboot (KDE 4.4.4) the panel would go this dark colour like this:

Thanks to @Edward_Iii who helped me fix this problem a while a go in this post:
    KDE Panel discolored

I just wanted to post this so it will help anybody else who had the same problem. What you have to do is click on the little cashew on the right side of the panel (if you don't see the cashew you may have to unlock your widgets) and drag the Height down and this will make the panel smaller and fixes the problem. I put my height on 25 and that solved the issue (on my eee pc 1000H). After that lock the widgets and if you reboot or log off and log back in your panel will still be normal colour

This problem only existed when I disabled desktop effects and rebooted/logged off and logged back in/shutdown. I have not tried either of these computers on a later KDE version (just on 4.4.4) so I don't know if it is fixed in a later version.
    I have the same panel as you!!!
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition

Default Re: Απ: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Quote Originally Posted by stamostolias View Post
    I have the same panel as you!!!
    Did you mean the panel theme? (Default openSUSE panel) I reckon it looks great!

Default Απ: Re: Απ: How to fix discolored KDE panel

Quote Originally Posted by ah7013 View Post
    Did you mean the panel theme? (Default openSUSE panel) I reckon it looks great!
    Yes I mean the panel theme.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.