Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: online updates

  1. #1

    Default online updates

    i have on a 2nd partition suse 11.0 rc1 and after not booting into it for 4days or so - i formatted a hdd via yast, but forgot to set to not auto at boot so when trying to boot it it asked me to rescue the system every time, since the device was soon formatted again to another file system so fstab didn't recognise it... anyway, basically after 4-5days i finally stopped booting 10.3 all the time and decided to try and fix 11, which i did by sorting fstab out...but after going to do an online update there were no patches at all. there should surely be some within this period of time? or are they too busy doing the last minute preparations before the release of 11.0 final?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N40 44.977 W073 59.356
    Posts
    1,170

    Default Re: online updates

    thestig wrote:
    > i have on a 2nd partition suse 11.0 rc1 and after not booting into it
    > for 4days or so - i formatted a hdd via yast, but forgot to set to not
    > auto at boot so when trying to boot it it asked me to rescue the system
    > every time, since the device was soon formatted again to another file
    > system so fstab didn't recognise it... anyway, basically after 4-5days
    > i finally stopped booting 10.3 all the time and decided to try and fix
    > 11, which i did by sorting fstab out...but after going to do an online
    > update there were no patches at all. there should surely be some within
    > this period of time? or are they too busy doing the last minute
    > preparations before the release of 11.0 final?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    >

    I haven't seen an update since about Thursday. Everything might be
    frozen until GM is fully released in 2 days. Then they might open up
    security updates, etc so people can update during install.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: online updates

    well today which is the 16th of June 4:00 pm i got over 1.2 gigs of updates on rc1 but like thestig was asking i haven't had an update past few days either until today

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N40 44.977 W073 59.356
    Posts
    1,170

    Default Re: online updates

    Havoc65 wrote:
    > well today which is the 16th of June 4:00 pm i got over 1.2 gigs of
    > updates on rc1 but like thestig was asking i haven't had an update past
    > few days either until today
    >
    >

    I can confirm there where updates today also.

  5. #5

    Default Re: online updates

    i just went to update today and got 'no active update repository available. exit online update now?'

    what's up with that? i checked my software repo's and all the needed ones are there and i have not changed them...

    hmmm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N40 44.977 W073 59.356
    Posts
    1,170

    Default Re: online updates

    thestig wrote:
    > i just went to update today and got 'no active update repository
    > available. exit online update now?'
    >
    > what's up with that? i checked my software repo's and all the needed
    > ones are there and i have not changed them...
    >
    > hmmm
    >
    >

    What did you use to update? I ran zypper ref and then zypper dup.

  7. #7

    Default Re: online updates

    just went through yast. been working fine until i tried today...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: online updates

    sorry i should have said i used yast to get the updates also cause my updater by the clock wasnt working

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •