Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Sound cards anyone got one working?

Default USB Sound cards anyone got one working?

Hi,

I'm in the market to buy a USB sound card for my SUSE 10.3 installation. I'm trying to go through the list of support ones on the ALSA website and then trying to find one I can buy.

To help me out has anyone already got a USB sound card working (easily) on SUSE 10.3 and if so what make and model was it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: USB Sound cards anyone got one working?

Quote Originally Posted by scrib View Post
    I'm in the market to buy a USB sound card for my SUSE 10.3 installation. I'm trying to go through the list of support ones on the ALSA website and then trying to find one I can buy.
    Some openSUSE have their USB sound cards working ... but unfortunately, not one of them has updated the openSUSE hardware compatibility list:
    HCL/Sound Cards - openSUSE

Quote Originally Posted by scrib View Post
    Hi,

To help me out has anyone already got a USB sound card working (easily) on SUSE 10.3 and if so what make and model was it?
    I have a Xitel HiFi-Link Xitel Precision Audio Technology and I got it working without much problems (most problems arose when I wanted to tell multimedia programs to use the Xitel and not the build-in soundcard).

When you decide to by this one you can ask me for more information. When you decide to bye another on, you can do likewise (maybe my Xitel expirience can help you with another brand).
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Some openSUSE have their USB sound cards working ... but unfortunately, not one of them has updated the openSUSE hardware compatibility list:
    Ahum, I am afraid you mean me (among others).

But that is something new to be learned. There isn't even an USB table there. Not easy for me to do that quickly I am afraid.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Ahum, I am afraid you mean me (among others).

But that is something new to be learned. There isn't even an USB table there. Not easy for me to do that quickly I am afraid.
    I managed to login there. I now see an (empty) USB list. Something wrong with my eyes??????
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

In case anyone is willing to share their USB sound card experience on the openSUSE hardware sound wiki, I updated that page, created a "USB" sound card blank table, ... and I also added a column for PCI, motherboard, and USB for openSUSE-11.0.

If anyone is struggling with the wiki syntax, but is still willing to pass on some small details on their success (per the table in the HCL/Sound Cards - openSUSE page), you can send your USB sound card details to me by PM, and I'll update the wiki page for you.

Blog Entries

I managed to login there. I now see an (empty) USB list. Something wrong with my eyes??????
    No, ... I'm GUILTY!! As charged!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    No, ... I'm GUILTY!! As charged!!
    I forgive you. I also wondered about the 11.0. That is sweating when you try this for the first time and somebody is changing the rules under your very eyes/fingers.

But I succeeded Now i will try to recap what I did installing it so I can add some details tomorrow.

You are never to old to learn something aren't you
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

That is sweating when you try this for the first time and somebody is changing the rules under your very eyes/fingers.

But I succeeded
    Thank you for doing the update!! You just made the FIRST ENTRY in the openSUSE wiki sound page for USB. Well Done!!

Apologies for the rule change. ... them's one of the risk of wiki edits. ... But wait until all the 11.0 users (hopefully) start updating the wiki pages. There should be some "rule changes" then.

Thanks for the heads up on the HiFi-Link hcw. Can you plug Pc speakers directly into this, or do you have to go via a HiFi.

Has anyone else got any success stories for USB sound cards on SUSE 10.3? Remember to fill in the list at:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast