Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RT73usb wireless lan card...please help...

Default Re: RT73usb wireless lan card...please help...

Well I copied the files after extraction, and then without it also, but nothing seems to work. Am assuming am doing something wrong...so is there anything else ???

I'm sorry, if that doesn't work, I have no clue! You have reloaded the kernel module (or rebooted) after copying the firmware over to /lib/firmware? That's essential for getting it to work!

Anyone else? Other suggestions?

Yes finally it works...woo hoo..... I just looked round on the internet and I found a site where he asked to just extract the rt73.bin file to the firmware folder and then asked me to reload the rt73usb driver through the rmmod and modprobe commands...Thanks a lot for all the help neways guys ...thnx...

Quote Originally Posted by cyberalienfreak View Post
    Yes finally it works...woo hoo..... I just looked round on the internet and I found a site where he asked to just extract the rt73.bin file to the firmware folder and then asked me to reload the rt73usb driver through the rmmod and modprobe commands...Thanks a lot for all the help neways guys ...thnx...
    That's exactely what I was talking about. Glad that it works for you finally!

Have a lot of fun!

Where did you find the info on how to rmmod & modprobe the rt73 driver?

HP Pavillion DV7-1273cl, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, Intel Pro Wireless N, 512MB GeForce 9700, 64bit Linux Mint 8 and 64bit openSuSE 11.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12