Thread: Epson r200 printer

Default Epson r200 printer

Suse 11 KDE RC1 has my epson r200 as "problematic". The printer is listed in Yast under hardware, driver "unknown". I need this fixed, I print garbage now. Maybe in the final release?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Epson r200 printer

Quote Originally Posted by oilpaint View Post
    Suse 11 KDE RC1 has my epson r200 as "problematic". The printer is listed in Yast under hardware, driver "unknown". I need this fixed, I print garbage now.
    There is no entry under:
    HCL/Printers - openSUSE
    which may not be indicative, as most openSUSE users who get their printers working don't take that time to update that page.

According to the linux printers site:
    OpenPrinting database - Printer: Epson Stylus Photo R200
    the printer works partially with the "gutenprint" driver. Do you have gutenprint driver installed? If not, install it.

I am having the same problem with my R300. It was working fine until I updated RC11 to the current status. I hope this is not going to be the case with the final release.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by troutbridge View Post
    I am having the same problem with my R300. It was working fine until I updated RC11 to the current status. I hope this is not going to be the case with the final release.
    What did you do to try and resolve this? ... I've had cups and other updates temporary "break" my printing to my HP5652 inkjet (which has excellent support) on 10.x. In each case, all I had to do was delete and re-install the driver and it worked great (possible overkill on my side). ... But my point being, sometimes it is necessary to adjust things after an update.

Thanks oldcpu,
    You have hit the nail right on the head. After such a large update I should have realised somethings may need a reinstall. I did as you suggested and reinstalled gutenprint etc now all is well. I am a happy suse user again.

Hello

Epson printers count number of prints and after estimation a number its closed down to power the spread out of ink and rework to set up the printer then we back you to intention the issue.
    ink pad reset
    Thanks