Hello everyone,

I've got a server running with a basic SATA RAID 1 setup. I'm running SuSE 10.2 with no GUI. phpSysInfo (phpSysInfo) tells me a bit about my config (which I set up over a year ago)

/boot is on /dev/mapper/sil_ahadbicfdjcf_part1
/ is on /dev/mapper/sil_ahadbicfdjcf_part3

And my RAID controller is:
RAID bus controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3512 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller

(The server is about 2 hours from me right now, so I can't look at the card for any more info.)

Are there scripts or anything I can access/write to look at the status of the RAID array? I would like to incorporate this into my web admin console, and even maybe have it send me an email if the array goes down.

Also, If one drive goes down, I understand that the system should continue to run on the one remaining drive. Then I replace the failed drive, and then what? Do I go into the BIOS of the RAID card to restore the array? (Re-mirror the data from the good old drive to the new empty one?)

Thank you!
I've just been reading stuff on drive failure rates, and got super-paranoid, so I wan't to have all this stuff down, before my array goes kaput.

Jonathon