Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nvidia drivers for opensuse 11.0

Default nvidia drivers for opensuse 11.0

when can we expect nvidia drivers for opensuse 11.0. I am stuck with VESA and its spoiling the desktop experience.

Default Re: nvidia drivers for opensuse 11.0

I followed the one-click installer for 10.3, and it worked. I booted into the new kernel, and bam! Nvidia and Compiz-fusion goodness.

Mind you, that installs an older 2.6.22 kernel, but it is worth it. Hopefully we'll get a nice newer kernel package with Nvidia drivers for 11.0 at launch.

NVIDIA - openSUSE

Quote Originally Posted by mbkumar View Post
    when can we expect nvidia drivers for opensuse 11.0. I am stuck with VESA and its spoiling the desktop experience.
    I manually installed the OEM NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.05-pkg2.run
    works for me in rc1

I bet the drivers' link will be in Database error - openSUSE as soon as GM hits the street. Nvidia is good about that
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

I tried running the manual install driver from the Nvidia website but it kept telling me I didn't have the required packages (gcc and make) even though the package management had them listed as installed. Hope they have a repo driver available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    I tried running the manual install driver from the Nvidia website but it kept telling me I didn't have the required packages (gcc and make) even though the package management had them listed as installed. Hope they have a repo driver available soon.
    Go into Yast > Patterns & select C/C++ & Kernel development

Then check to see if you have kernel-source & kernel-syms that match your running kernel "uname -a).

You need those to do serious compiling.

Should work
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

Has anyone managed to get that driver working with the desktop effects? (Compiz etc)

I did a build of the NVIDIA driver as mentioned above, but when I click to enable the desktop effects, the screen flashes, but I don't get any wobbly windows.

James

I know I can install nvidia driver manually, but then it has to recompiled everytime there is a kernel update. Waiting for the repo driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswalmsley View Post
    Has anyone managed to get that driver working with the desktop effects? (Compiz etc)

I did a build of the NVIDIA driver as mentioned above, but when I click to enable the desktop effects, the screen flashes, but I don't get any wobbly windows.

James
    Do any of the effects work?

Quote Originally Posted by jameswalmsley View Post
    I've got them with KDE 4.1, if that helps.

Cheers,
    KV

I have yet to hear of anyone having any success with compiling Nvidia's legacy drivers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast