Thread: Impossible to validate Nicotine+'s preferences

Default Impossible to validate Nicotine+'s preferences

Hi everybody

It's a very long time I've got problems with Nicotine+ 1.2.9 and Pysoulseek

- Pysouslseek doesn't start at all, when I try to do this with Konsole, here's the message :

Code:
    /usr/bin/pyslsk:28: DeprecationWarning: The wxPython compatibility package is no longer automatically generated or actively maintained.  Please switch to the wx package as soon as possible.
      import wxPython.wx
    Can not find wxPython modules. Either wxPython is not
    installed, or it's not in Python's module search path (it could be built
    for a different version of python interpreter for example). The current
    search path is
    ['/usr/bin', '/usr/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/lib/python2.5', '/usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode']
    - Nicotine starts well, but it is impossible to validate preference's window (ie impossible to close the windows even if all parameters are well field). I tried to uninstall and install again the program, delete the ~/.nicotine folder... without result.

Thank you for some help to solve this.

sorry for my english, I'm french

Default Re: Impossible to validate Nicotine+'s preferences

I've tried to launch this applications using openSUSE 11 and problems are exactly the same.

Anyone as got an idea ? Pysoulseek and nicotine+ are definitively dead or I'm alone to have this problem ?
    OpenSuse 11.1 - KDE 4.2.0 "release 100" - 2.6.27.7-9-default - Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz - Asus P4P800 SE - 1Go DDR SDRAM - ATI Radeon 9600 SERIES - Creative EMU10K1SB Live Audio Processor - 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter - Samsung Syncmaster 931BW