Thread: Opensuse 11 RC to GM

Default Opensuse 11 RC to GM

I took the plunge and upgraded my 10.3 to 11RC. I am loving the zypper updates, everything is so fast! My question is, do I need to do anything special to move from the release candidate to GM? I did a

Code:
    zypper dist-upgrade -l
    and had an hours worth of updates ( only one knetworkmanager icon now, and the openSUSE updater is working!), and everything seems great now. So is there anything else I need to do? Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Opensuse 11 RC to GM

Quote Originally Posted by Incense View Post
    I took the plunge and upgraded my 10.3 to 11RC. I am loving the zypper updates, everything is so fast! My question is, do I need to do anything special to move from the release candidate to GM? I did a

Code:
    zypper dist-upgrade -l
    and had an hours worth of updates ( only one knetworkmanager icon now, and the openSUSE updater is working!), and everything seems great now. So is there anything else I need to do? Thanks for the help!
    Great, thanks for sharing

I would think all one would have to do is turn off the "old" repos (any factory OSS/non-OSS) and add the GM 11.0 ones, make active & refresh.

When I did Yast > Online Update Configuration > Register, it added the 11.0 repros for me; I removed the others.
    Edit: actually it presented me a list of them & I ticked the ones I wanted (other than "update" which it did).

The other day it did 1,380+ rpm updates; yesterday 7 & today "0".

Folks seem to be happy with "zypper"
    Last edited by snakedriver; 10-Jun-2008 at 10:15.
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

Default Re: Opensuse 11 RC to GM

Thanks for the reply. I'll update my repos from the factory then, and see how it goes. Cheers!