Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Limewire and Java problems

Default Installing Limewire and Java problems

Hi again

I have installed Limewire via WINE and everything went fine. I installed Java from their site and followed there installation instructions and success. I have java installed.

BUT!!!!

When ever i click on limewire to fire it up i get a message saying i need to install Java before i can use limewire. Is there something else that im missing in order for this to work???????

Please help

Thanks.

Default Re: Installing Limewire and Java problems

Why not run frostwire??? Frostwire It's Limewire pro but free.

Is it much easier to use????????? The reason why i use limewire pro at the moment is because its a erm *coughcrackcough* copy.Is it much easier to install then?

Also how do i go about uninstalling Limewire now then?

Ive worked out how to uninstall Limewire now.

Problems solveddddd... Thanks mate. Frostwire is excellent. Exactly the same as limewire but free and better woop.

Glad I could help.

Blog Entries

I'm curious -- why not just install the Linux RPM instead of WINE for Limewire?
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    I'm curious -- why not just install the Linux RPM instead of WINE for Limewire?
    Well to be honest with you i have only been on linux for about a week now and from when i read on the old forum there was a guy on there asking about it and someone told him to install it through WINE so i went along with it. As it happens though i never got it to work as it somehow couldn't see that java was installed and never got around to seeing why that was. Frostwire is a quality little program though and im most pleased with it.

Im still having trouble with amule though now. I download from a website sharethefiles.com :: Index. If you take a look on there you can download stuff such as iso's and other items. When ever i used to click on one of the links though it used to just sync with emule straight away and start downloading (that was in windows) but now when i click on it it says "firefox doesnt know how to open this address, because the protocol (ed2k) isn't associated with any program". Im not entirely sure how to make this work as of yet.

Just a quick suggestion for the site. Maybe we can have a section on the forum where people can put tutorials with screen shots for how to install different packages. Then show how to configure them properly etc.

Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NEO-BAHAMUT- View Post
    Just a quick suggestion for the site. Maybe we can have a section on the forum where people can put tutorials with screen shots for how to install different packages. Then show how to configure them properly etc.
    Just a thought.
    There's the wiki at opensuse.org, where you're very welcome to post HowTo stuff. Here on openSUSE Forums there's two options:
    HowTo/FAQ forum
    and Programming/Scripting forum. Those forums don't allow on-site screenshots but you can use the off-site hosts for that and use the "Insert Image" icon at the top of your editor to get it to display in your HowTo.

For example here's an off site image:
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

I'd go with Shareaza via WINE:

Shareaza - Bringing P2P Together

Or mlDonkey which runs natively on Linux.

Main Page - MLDonkey

Both are far better than Limewire, and search multiple networks at once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast