Which Display Mode do you use/prefer?

You have the ability to select which display mode you prefer (and you can make it stick by setting it in the User Control Panel). The three options are Linear, Threaded, and Hybrid which is a combination of linear and threaded.

The default for new users is Linear. Give the others a try. Which do you use/prefer?

NOTE: There is currently a bug that is being worked on in the threaded mode where in deep threads if you click on the “More replies below current level” link, it doesn’t show you those replies. The simple fix is to change viewing mode…to any other mode.

/me prefers linear, tried the others & felt a bit lost trying to read all the posts ( a habit of mine )

Andy

I’m with Andy, linear for me too.

+1 for linear, best way to soak up all the info :slight_smile:

Linear. I’m gave the threaded view in other forums a chance and none could persuade me :slight_smile:

I haven’t decided yet. I used to be a hardcore linear fan, but I’m liking the threaded view a lot too because it makes it easier for me to follow one line of conversation before switching to another. We’ll see. :smiley:

I absolutely like the classic linear mode. In the threaded mode i have to click so much :stuck_out_tongue:
The hybrid mode sound interesting but I don’t find it such useful because most people are using the “reply” button on the bottom so that there in my point of view isn’t an advantage :cool:

Voted linear. Tried threaded mode on one of the threads that had a lot of posts yesterday, but there was no logic between what was in the ‘branches’ and what in the mainstream because the posting is not done with a threaded mode in mind (like Monex says).

Thus far, the Linear mode seems to work for me. I shall give the others a test drive later just to get a feel for them.

Linear - seems to have better continuity for me.

Linear. I can’t stand threaded discussions, except default one topic per “thread” that goes with linear.

kgroneman wrote:

>
> You have the ability to select which display mode you prefer (and you
> can make it stick by setting it in the User Control Panel). The three
> options are Linear, Threaded, and Hybrid which is a combination of
> linear and threaded.
>
> The default for new users is Linear. Give the others a try. Which do
> you use/prefer?
>
> NOTE: There is currently a bug that is being worked on in the threaded
> mode where in deep threads if you click on the “More replies below
> current level” link, it doesn’t show you those replies. The simple fix
> is to change viewing mode…to any other mode.
>
>

While I use knode and nntp to read these fora, I think having discussions in
threaded mode would be a better default.

When you’re trying to help someone, it’s very useful to be able to see what
others have already suggested before you pop off and suggest the same thing
he or she has already tried.

I read mine, of course in threaded mode with my newsreader, and which way
you make default won’t affect me directly, but it may improve the quality
of discussion to make the default mode threaded.

Bob Smits - Open Suse Linux User and Open Source Supporter

Linear. I like reading through threads and find it easier like that. Call me old fassioned :slight_smile:

Can’t really say I have a preference. Most of the time I use linear, but other times I use hybrid or threaded to see which posts are replies to others. Just like the themes, I switch between the choices depending on what I want to see at the time.

I’d never call you ‘old’. But I like ‘fashioned’! :slight_smile:

Linear for me :smiley:

Before I vote I’m going to try the Hybrid for a bit. This is the Display mode in the Novell forums. I don’t mind it & I have the thought, however irrational it may be that Hybrid will be the DM of this forum.

Definately Linear.

Threaded. It’s simpler to follow the discussion this way.

Only when they are posted with threading in mind, which most of us don’t.