Thread: Huge text in certain boxes

Default Huge text in certain boxes

Such as Title and the Edit / Quick Reply.

Taken with a Safari 3.1.1 browser - I wonder if I should start stabbing the browser itself or whether the problem lies in the style sheet.

Default Re: Huge text in certain boxes

And this is only an issue in the openSuSE-forums skin - which I could've edited into my earlier post if I could edit them, which I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    Taken with a Safari 3.1.1 browser - I wonder if I should start stabbing the browser itself or whether the problem lies in the style sheet.
    Using FireFox 2 here and having no problems.
    Well I'll shoot her with my raygun when she comes, yes I'll shoot her with my raygun when she comes, yes I'll shoot her with my raygun, oh I'll shoot her with my raygun, yes I'll shoot her with my raygun when she comes, when she comes!

Blog Entries

Large is typically a relative term, but huge normally is huge!

Because of my eyesight, I prefer large fonts, but huge is another matter. ... No one likes huge.

Any chance of getting a screen dump/print of what you are seeing, to help us put this in perspective?

When I change my skin to openSUSE the size of the characters in the box where I am typing right now ia much more normal top me. That means more in line with the others fonts on the page.
    Henk van Velden

And I now also see what oldcpu means with 'huge'. This not huge with 'openSUSE- Forums' at all (so the other way around as the fonts in the box).

Style sheet as Chrysantine suggested?
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Any chance of getting a screen dump/print of what you are seeing, to help us put this in perspective?
    There's a link in my post to a picture - middle of the text - it's a bit hard to spot because it's all white.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    There's a link in my post to a picture - middle of the text - it's a bit hard to spot because it's all white.
    Thanks! .... Don't know how I missed that.

I need to check again, but I think I saw fonts (in my tests with firefox, opera, and konqueror) that was not far off from that size, although perhaps not quite as large (ie a bit smaller). I tend to like large fonts, and that may have biased my view. I also wonder if there is a browser setting for fonts that affects a box such as this, but not the rest of the page? < don't know - just wondering out loud >

Maybe tonight I need to do the same as you, and do a screen print of font size from:
    * opera
    * konqueror
    * firefox
    with each of the two styles, to put this in perspective.

Seems to have something to do with this rule:

textarea, .bginput

{
    font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

Maybe try with different values, such as 1em instead of 10pt ... points are normally values for printing, dunno why vBulletin uses them a couple of times in its theme. Pixels could work, but again 12px gives different results on Windows or Mac...

Edit: comment above is for the forum people, not end-users (unless you are familiar with Web Developer Toolbar or Firebug or something...)
    Last edited by Darkelve78; 09-Jun-2008 at 04:17.