Which forum skin do you prefer?

The default style (skin) for these forums is “openSUSE-Forums” which was styled after the openSUSE wiki, and has some links and ties to the openSUSE site.

Another option available to you currently is a more plain “openSUSE”

Inquiring minds want to know, do you have a preference? Why?

openSUSE-Forums works for me ( /me sneaks a quick peak at t’other,hmmm :smiley: )

Andy

I waffle back and forth between the two, not being able to make up my mind.

I ilke the “Today’s Posts” option on “openSUSE-Forms” skin, which is not in the openSUSE skin. But I like the wider presentation in the openSUSE skin.

I often jump back and forth between the two, depending on what I am doing.

Overall, IMHO, well done with the skins.

openSUSE for me :slight_smile:

I’m with oldcpu. I really just switch between the two.

I like the idea of the forum being inside the SUSE Wiki, so I like to use –OpenSUSE-Forums, but I like the larger text and wideer feel to the –OpenSUSE.

No preference here.

I’m with oldcpu and Unseen-Ghost, too. I can’t decide as they both have there advantages. I like the smaller header of each posting in OpenSUSE.

Hard to say - I’ve been using the openSUSE forums skin but they’re both fine.

Prefer openSUSE for the red colour in lists (like unread posts), for the larger fonts and because it doesn’t have the LHS sidebar taking up space with redundant (IMHO) lists/links

And I don’t like the swampy green colour! Oh life is soooooo hard!

I prefer the look of the openSUSE skin, but oldcpu is right, the openSUSE-forums skin has more features.

I prefer the OpenSUSE skin mainly because it appears ‘brighter’ and better spaced. But I could live with the openSUSE-Forum skin if there was no choice. :slight_smile:

pturner7, I’m with you on the OpenSUSE skin, it also seem closer to the skins on the old forums.

kgroneman schrieb:
> The default style (skin) for these forums is “openSUSE-Forums” which was
> styled after the openSUSE wiki, and has some links and ties to the
> openSUSE site.
>
> Another option available to you currently is a more plain “openSUSE”
>
> Inquiring minds want to know, do you have a preference? Why?

I don’t care, as long as the NNTP interface works. :slight_smile:

T.

Slight preference for openSUSE. Because of the bigger font I think.

But I prefer the layout we had before where there were two columns: one with the data about the poster and one with the post contents. Much easier to read what is is all about from top to bottom.

[QUOTE=oldcpu;1814674]I waffle back and forth between the two, not being

I ilke the “Today’s Posts” option on “openSUSE-Forms” skin, which is not in the openSUSE skin. But I like the wider presentation in the openSUSE skin.

QUOTE]

Yes it is - click on Quick Links

I agree with you.

Me too. Makes the thread occupy far less space, or for many replies – fewer pages.

there are skin’s!!

I guess that means I’m happy with the default, because I never bothered to look for an alternative…

Voted “No Preference”, but more accurate would be “Haven’t formed a preference yet”. I keep switching back and forth, unable to decide. I guess that means when I decide, it won’t be a strong preference.

But I prefer the layout we had before where there were two columns: one with the data about the poster and one with the post contents.

Ditto

It’s a bit of a trade off on the one hand I like the integration into the opensuse homepage of the opensuse-forums skin but on the other hand I find the clean opensuse skin more useful because of the wider presentation.

I am still getting used to everything. Skin changes? So many new things at one time… Once I hunted and found how to change the skin, I do believe I prefer the openSUSE style instead of the default. I shall be switching back and forth until I make a solid decision, though.