Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Localisation

Wink Localisation

I while we are at it. I saw my post being generated at Today, 05:41. I normaly am sleeping at that time. Then I saw the PM (what is that again? ). I choose my timezone, can't I choose my date/time display to be an immidiatly understandable string?
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Default Re: Localisation

I see you are in GMT +1. Choosing your timezone in the User Control Panel should make all displayed times relative to your time. I'm not seeing the AM/PM issue you report. The default server time is Mountain Time where the server resides so guests and new users that haven't selected a time zone will see that one. I could change that to GMT. Post a screen shot of a time display you see as not being correct so I can understand what you're seeing. Thanks for the report.
    My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing

It is now 19:44 on my system. See your reply in the screenshot. Must be about one hour ago. It reads 6:43 PM.

Ahem, made the screenshot, but how do I attache it. Downwards it says: You may not post attachments.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It is now 19:44 on my system. See your reply in the screenshot. Must be about one hour ago. It reads 6:43 PM.

Ahem, made the screenshot, but how do I attache it. Downwards it says: You may not post attachments.
    just post a link to the screenshot, use ImageShack to upload

It is not the time that is wrong, it is how it is shown. Not 07:56 PM, but 19:56 (not the timezoneis wrong, but there is no Localisation). Btw it now 19:51, so it is at least 5 mins off.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Default some sites for you to post pix

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    made the screenshot, but how do I attache it. Downwards it says: You may not post attachments.
    You could paste it to one of these sites:
    * PicPaste - public beta v5!
    * TinyPic - Share the Experience!
    * ImageShack - Image Hosting
    and then copy the URL here.

Thanks for your support in tracking this down.

Default Re: some sites for you to post pix

I concur, I'm seeing all the times represented in 12H format despite changing options.

Blog Entries

The date/time display options for vBulletin are global to the server and not configurable on an individual basis. It's also not tied to your profile in openSUSE login. Currently the sever time display is set for AM/PM display format. Does this answer the question?
    My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me since I changed the competition to kick boxing

Blog Entries

Oh, and I do see the ntp server time isn't working correctly right now. Working on that............

Glad I at least got that about NTP all right.

The whole bussiness about being in the right timezone is rather useless in my opinion when you can not grab the time indication at a glance.

We are not 24 hours into our history now, but may we expect to see totaly ununderstandable dates (except for those who happen to know where the server is placed and what the local habits are)?
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast