View RSS Feed

James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!

How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop

Rate this Entry
So I am no expert on desktop remote control, but I just used VNC/Krfb to remote an openSUSE 12.3 KDE desktop to an openSUSE 12.2 PC running VNC/Remmina and it worked just fine. This came from a message post I had made in the forum, but I thought it was worth sharing here in a blog post.

On the openSUSE 12.3 I did three things:

1) Enabled Services in Firewall for VNC:

2) I enabled VNC from Terminal:

Code:
vncserver :1
3) I fired up Krfb and configured as seen here:

4) Opened up Remmina on remote openSUSE 12.2 (where VNC had already been setup and Firewall opened)

And it all works like a champ. For users who wish to remote control an openSUSE PC from Windows, have a look at this free download: Free, Lightweight, Fast and Reliable: Download TightVNC

If you have any comments of suggestions, please let me know what they are.

For added help with VNC, please look here: How To Activate VNC Server in openSUSE 12.3l

Thank You,

Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to Digg Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to del.icio.us Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to StumbleUpon Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to Google Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to Facebook Submit "How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop" to Twitter

Updated 31-Oct-2013 at 18:40 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments