View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Install AmiBroker 5.6 in openSUSE 12.2 Linux using Wine

I recently joined a Brisbane traders group, a charitable group called Traders for a Cause, who meet each month to discuss trading. The members have adopted AmiBroker so I bought a copy. It's a coders dream and I've totally switched from MetaStock to AmiBroker now. I found this successful implementation of Amibroker 5.6 in Ubuntu at WinHQ (Platinum results) and thought it would likely install in openSUSE too -- and it does!

I have the standard $199 version of AmiBroker and this article ...

Updated 20-Feb-2013 at 14:44 by swerdna

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Playing media content from openSUSE on a DLNA Smart TV

Wondered how easy it would be to make content on an openSUSE machine available through DLNA on our smart TV. The TV already has a wired networkconnection to our gigabit LAN. And this was all there is to it:

Prepare: take 1 openSUSE machine

Step one: go to http://software.opensuse.org , search for "minidlna"
    Step two: install minidlna
    Step three: read through /etc/minidlna.conf and enter own media_dirs in full path
    Step four: remove /var/cache/minidlna/* ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New laptop: ASUS A73SD-TY121V openSUSE 12.2

Before installing I replaced the 5400 rpm HDD by an ADATA sata-600 120GB SSD. That was the hardest part.
    I booted a 12.2 KDE Live USBstick, performed a default install, approx 5 minutes, restored /home and some other stuff from a backup from on an SSD with mini USB, done. Back up and running with all my stuff in 3 hours. Both laptop and openSUSE 12.2 are fast, fast, fast.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 设置快捷键 – 让截屏工具变的更 捷更方便

前些日子,看到国内某著名Windows团队发布了他们最新的Linux版本。我很好奇,去看了看,发现有些东西的确很人性化,是花了很多时间和功夫的。
    就拿截屏这个小工具,他们自己用python写了一个小程序,然后按照国人的习惯设置很多快捷键,并且加入一些编辑功能,受到了很多人的好评。
    其实,开源社区的gnome-screenshot已经包含了一些功能,只不过没有那么多快捷键设置和编辑的功能(一般编辑都是使用gimp或者其他的小工具),也没有很多人知道可能。 ...

Updated 23-Sep-2012 at 21:39 by jzheng

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Logitech C270 webcam with openSUSE

by , 28-May-2012 at 01:03 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    Logitech C270 webcam with openSUSE

I decided to procure a new webcam for my mother, which is a Logitech C270 (046d:0825) Webcam. My 86+ year old mother runs GNU/Linux (openSUSE) on her PC.

Replaces old Phillips Webcam

The Logitech C270 webcam is intended to replace an old Phillips web cam that she has on her PC. The old Phillips is a really great webcam, and it is ...
    Tags: webcam
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast