View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. openSUSE-12.1 on Lenovo X220 laptop

by , 28-Dec-2011 at 03:04 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I installed openSUSE-12.1 on my wife's Lenovo X220 laptop. Overall, the installation went well.

I had previously blogged about the selection of this laptop to attempt to ensure GNU/Linux compatibility.

The same blog entry described my wife's procurement of this laptop (with her a Thai native speaker and me a native English speaker, both of us being Expatriates living in Germany), and I blogged about the tests I had conducted with the openSUSE-12.1 release candidate

Updated 28-Dec-2011 at 17:14 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick

by , 29-Dec-2011 at 09:00 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I received a Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick for Christmas. That's one very nice thing about Christmas, if one is fortunate then one can receive gifts they really don't need, but are very nice toys none-the-less.

I was fortunate this Christmas, and many thanks to my wife :

I've been 'lusting' after getting fast USB-3.0 memory stick for some time, and this Kingston ...

Updated 29-Dec-2011 at 09:02 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Logitech C270 webcam with openSUSE

by , 28-May-2012 at 01:03 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    Logitech C270 webcam with openSUSE

I decided to procure a new webcam for my mother, which is a Logitech C270 (046d:0825) Webcam. My 86+ year old mother runs GNU/Linux (openSUSE) on her PC.

Replaces old Phillips Webcam

The Logitech C270 webcam is intended to replace an old Phillips web cam that she has on her PC. The old Phillips is a really great webcam, and it is ...
    Tags: webcam
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Install AmiBroker 5.6 in openSUSE 12.2 Linux using Wine

I recently joined a Brisbane traders group, a charitable group called Traders for a Cause, who meet each month to discuss trading. The members have adopted AmiBroker so I bought a copy. It's a coders dream and I've totally switched from MetaStock to AmiBroker now. I found this successful implementation of Amibroker 5.6 in Ubuntu at WinHQ (Platinum results) and thought it would likely install in openSUSE too -- and it does!

I have the standard $199 version of AmiBroker and this article ...

Updated 20-Feb-2013 at 14:44 by swerdna

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Creating Partitions During Install for MBR and GPT Hard Disks

by , 03-Mar-2013 at 09:12 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    Here is some basic information and advice about creating partitions when you install openSUSE:

Master Boot Record Partitioned Hard Disks:

openSUSE does not want to remove anything from your system when you first try to install it and if you want the whole thing to be openSUSE, you might consider downloading the KDE LiveCD or GNOME LiveCD from here:software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 12.2, boot from the LiveCD and make sure it works as you wish. Then, you can ...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast