View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ISOMount - Allows you to mount and Browse ISO Files - Version 1.00

by , 03-Feb-2012 at 19:40 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)

ISOMount is a bash script (works with openSUSE 12.1 & 12.2) written to be launched from the KDE or GNOME desktop to allow the mounting of any ISO file, thus allowing you to be able read any file from within. When you first start ISOMount, you will see a screen like this:

ISOMount creates a new local folder in your home area called mnt ...

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 18:16 by jdmcdaniel3

Tags: files, iso, mount, umount
    Categories
    openSUSE Software
  2. Installing FreeDOS on an openSUSE-12.1 PC (separate partition)

by , 15-Jan-2012 at 17:14 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I installed the latest FreeDOS on my sandbox PC being careful not to wipe grub used by openSUSE-12.1. I find it useful to have another different operating system (from GNU/Linux) on a PC, and in the case of this OLD PC, FreeDOS is what I prefer to have in place.

This old Sandbox PC has an MSI KT3 Ultra (KT333) motherboard with a 32-bit athlon-1100 CPU, a nVidia FX5200 graphic card, and 2 GB of RAM. I have an empty VERY SMALL ~500 MB partition on the PC in the position of /dev/sda1 ...

Updated 16-Jan-2012 at 04:58 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tip: Getting 3D to work with the nouveau driver

I had trouble with getting the Nvidia driver to work. Rather than keep fighting with it, I decided since I had the nouveau driver installed, and to keep with open source, to figure out how, if it was even possible, to get 3D working with the nouveau driver. I found this document; nouveau Wiki - MesaDrivers which lead me to get Mesa-nouveau3d; software.opensuse.org: Search Results I did the search for 12.1, you can change it to fit your version. Glxinfo does show direct rendering after reboot. Problem ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick

by , 29-Dec-2011 at 09:00 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I received a Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick for Christmas. That's one very nice thing about Christmas, if one is fortunate then one can receive gifts they really don't need, but are very nice toys none-the-less.

I was fortunate this Christmas, and many thanks to my wife :

I've been 'lusting' after getting fast USB-3.0 memory stick for some time, and this Kingston ...

Updated 29-Dec-2011 at 09:02 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. openSUSE-12.1 on Lenovo X220 laptop

by , 28-Dec-2011 at 03:04 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I installed openSUSE-12.1 on my wife's Lenovo X220 laptop. Overall, the installation went well.

I had previously blogged about the selection of this laptop to attempt to ensure GNU/Linux compatibility.

The same blog entry described my wife's procurement of this laptop (with her a Thai native speaker and me a native English speaker, both of us being Expatriates living in Germany), and I blogged about the tests I had conducted with the openSUSE-12.1 release candidate

Updated 28-Dec-2011 at 17:14 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast