View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Compare Different Video Cards (GPU's) & CPU's before you buy - Web Site Links

by , 18-Jun-2011 at 06:56 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    Video Card Comparison:

I have found a really neat place were you can Compare Different Video Card GPU's before you buy - A Web Site Link. It can be used to compare older nVIDIA video cards to new ones, compare AMD video cards to NVIDIA and on and on. There is an extensive library that places existing specifications of one video card up against another. I have just never seen such a resource before. If you ever thought about buying a new video card and wondered what that might mean, ...

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 17:56 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Hardware
  2. want to retain your uptime record?

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    Package updates left you with too many processes using old files as shown by zypper ps that it's easier to reboot instead of restarting the processes, but you are nostalgic about your long uptime record? Here's how to preserve your uptime.

Log out of the desktop. Go to a virtual console and become root, then:

Code:
    telinit s
    This changes the runlevel to single user. It will prompt you for the root password to login, then:

Code:
    telinit 5
    Tags: restart, uptime
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why are you here, in the openSUSE forums?

by , 13-Jun-2011 at 18:21 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    I decided that I might create my very first blog entry here in the openSUSE forum. I have never blogged about anything before and really have not seen the benefit in using a blog. But, perhaps some social redeeming value might exist in blogging, so I decided to see just what that might be. So, I would like to ask anyone that might read my blog here today. Why are you using the openSUSE forums? What has brought you here to my neck of the woods? Now before you answer that question, let me throw ...

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 18:35 by jdmcdaniel3

Tags: blog, forums, opensuse
    Categories
    General Chit-Chat
  4. adding a new PTP camera to udev

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    I just got a new toy. However when I plugged it in and tried to display the photos in digikam, it said that it could not open the device.

The reason is that the udev rules do not contain an entry for your camera. It may be too new to be in libgphoto2. If you can, update to a more recent version of gphoto2 and libgphoto2. If you can't or prefer not to, here's how you fix it:

Plug the camera into the USB port and then look at the last few lines of the output from dmesg
    Tags: gphoto2, ptp
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Interfacing iPod Touch 3G to openSUSE-11.3

by , 13-Jun-2011 at 02:11 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    As noted in a previous blog, my wife offered to let me play with her iPod Touch 3G when she is not using it. This is so that I can better refine my Tablet requirements, for when I ultimately purchase myself a Tablet. So this blog post is about interfacing 64-bit openSUSE-11.3 to an iPod Touch 3G.

Her Apple iPod Touch 3G is NOT jailbroken, and she is not keen on risking breaking her warranty with Apple by jailbreaking her iPod.

iPod Touch 3G

Creating ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast