View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. avoid black popups in web browsers firefox chrome chromium brave

Mine are always yellow in black. I think it's caused by the DE's or DM's theme. How long they remain could also depend on the theme. What DE or WM and theme are you using?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. HDMI -> VGA i xrandr

Cały czas korzystam ze starego monitora z mniej popularną rozdzielczością. Podręczna ściąga, by ustawić brakującą rozdzielczość przy korzystaniu z przejściówki HDMI na VGA (d-sub).

Najlepiej na sprzęcie, na którym monitor jest prawidłowo wykrywany sprawdzić co i jak:
    Code:
    xrandr -q
    Na sprzęcie docelowym, wyliczyć wartości dla xrandr (poniżej wartości dla mojego przypadku):
    Code:
    cvt 1600 1200 60
    Ustalić, gdzie jest podłączony monitor na docelowym sprzęcie: ...
    Tags: d-sub, hdmi, vga, xrandr
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. CyberPower UT1500E UPS for desktop computer running openSUSE LEAP

by , 14-Oct-2019 at 07:45 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I recently purchased a UPS for my desktop computer which is currently running openSUSE LEAP-15.0.

There is discussion on my deliberations prior to purchasing in this openSUSE thread.

As noted in the title, the UPS I purchased is the CyberPower UT1500E 1500VA/900W, which I believe should be adequate for my 4-year old core-i7 desktop PC. My nominal plan, after there is a power outage, is to have my PC automatically shutdown within 1 minute of the power outage. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. not booting into GUI - I messed up something

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_L View Post
    I was removing things installed with 'dkms', and now this laptop boots to terminal mode instead of into the GUI.
    It is also not booting to user auto login. I can login, enter password and then type 'startx' to get back to the GUI

These are what I was removing in YaST from the bottom up.
    I pretty sure it was the gcc that cause this but not sure, but what ever it was caused a reboot, and that is when it stopped at the terminal input.

Code:
    Downloading fipscheck (download
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Installing an HP Deskject All-in-One 2675 with SUSE-LEAP

by , 05-Jul-2019 at 04:09 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I recently moved to a new continent, and discarded my old HP printer (which after many years was still running fine - but I did not want to pay the expense of shipping it). To replace it, I purchased a relatively inexpensive HP 2675 Deskjet Ink Advantage 2675 All-in-one printer. One of the reasons I chose the 2675 is its HP Ink Advantage 680 cartridges are not as expensive as many other HP cartridges. I find ink for HP printers tend to be more expensive than cartridges for some of the competition ...

Updated 03-Aug-2019 at 21:20 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast