View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How do I force NM to try and make lan connection.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    I am with @avidjaar that you probably should do less of prose, but more a step wise explanation of what you do..

But it is possible that I more or less understand what you mean.

1. You configure NM with a fixed IP address, thus telling it explicitly that you do not want it to use DHCP to get an IP address from any source.
    2. You disconnect the ethernet cable and connect it to another network.
    3. NM still tries to use the IP you told it to use and that fails of course because
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. avoid black popups in web browsers firefox chrome chromium brave

Mine are always yellow in black. I think it's caused by the DE's or DM's theme. How long they remain could also depend on the theme. What DE or WM and theme are you using?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. HDMI -> VGA i xrandr

Cały czas korzystam ze starego monitora z mniej popularną rozdzielczością. Podręczna ściąga, by ustawić brakującą rozdzielczość przy korzystaniu z przejściówki HDMI na VGA (d-sub).

Najlepiej na sprzęcie, na którym monitor jest prawidłowo wykrywany sprawdzić co i jak:
    Code:
    xrandr -q
    Na sprzęcie docelowym, wyliczyć wartości dla xrandr (poniżej wartości dla mojego przypadku):
    Code:
    cvt 1600 1200 60
    Ustalić, gdzie jest podłączony monitor na docelowym sprzęcie: ...
    Tags: d-sub, hdmi, vga, xrandr
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Handbrake crashes "Illegal Instruction (core dumped)"

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by purevw View Post
    I notified the maintainer this morning, July 15, 2020. I run 15.2 and have an identical problem. I have started a new post concerning this in Leap 15.2
    Snapshot 20200714 breakes multimedia. Options offered by yast2 don't work. Thus I rolled back to 20200710, where ghb and everything else works fine.
    Snapshot 20200715 made Tumbleweed great again.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. CyberPower UT1500E UPS for desktop computer running openSUSE LEAP

by , 14-Oct-2019 at 07:45 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I recently purchased a UPS for my desktop computer which is currently running openSUSE LEAP-15.0.

There is discussion on my deliberations prior to purchasing in this openSUSE thread.

As noted in the title, the UPS I purchased is the CyberPower UT1500E 1500VA/900W, which I believe should be adequate for my 4-year old core-i7 desktop PC. My nominal plan, after there is a power outage, is to have my PC automatically shutdown within 1 minute of the power outage. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast