View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick

by , 29-Dec-2011 at 09:00 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I received a Kingston DataTraveler HyperX-3.0 64GB USB-3.0 Memory stick for Christmas. That's one very nice thing about Christmas, if one is fortunate then one can receive gifts they really don't need, but are very nice toys none-the-less.

I was fortunate this Christmas, and many thanks to my wife :

I've been 'lusting' after getting fast USB-3.0 memory stick for some time, and this Kingston ...

Updated 29-Dec-2011 at 09:02 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. openSUSE-12.1 on Lenovo X220 laptop

by , 28-Dec-2011 at 03:04 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I installed openSUSE-12.1 on my wife's Lenovo X220 laptop. Overall, the installation went well.

I had previously blogged about the selection of this laptop to attempt to ensure GNU/Linux compatibility.

The same blog entry described my wife's procurement of this laptop (with her a Thai native speaker and me a native English speaker, both of us being Expatriates living in Germany), and I blogged about the tests I had conducted with the openSUSE-12.1 release candidate

Updated 28-Dec-2011 at 17:14 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Installing Windows7 after openSUSE-11.4

by , 11-Dec-2011 at 05:32 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    My wife installed Windows7 on a PC with openSUSE-11.4 already installed, managing to keep both openSUSE-11.4 and WinXP. This blog discusses what we did as part of this installation.

First, some detail on the hard drive content on my wife's PC ... it has two hard drives: one is a SATA drive and the second is an IDE drive. My wife already had on that PC:
    • Windows7 home trial version on 1st partition of SATA drive [where trial has expired so this is not used]
    • openSUSE-11.4
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. openSUSE-12.1 to openSUSE Leap-15.1 with gImageReader and Tesseract

by , 27-Nov-2011 at 07:42 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    On openSUSE-12.1 for scanning and OCR I have installed Tesseract-ocr and gImageReader . I like the capability to be able to conduct OCR of French, German and English languages, especially since I am an expatriate living abroad.

I blogged about this before with openSUSE-11.4, and posted about it wrt openSUSE-11.3 and 11.4 in these threads

Updated 26-Aug-2019 at 22:51 by oldcpu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Experiences - Asus Transformer Tablet with openSUSE

by , 20-Nov-2011 at 02:01 (oldcpu's meandering thoughts on Computers, GNU/Linux and openSUSE)
    I successfully connected my Asus Transformer Tablet PC via a USB connection to my 64-bit openSUSE-11.4 PC (running KDE-4.6.0) to copy files to/from. The Asus Transformer is running Android 3.2.1 and my openSUSE-11.4 is running KDE-4.6.0.

To interface the Transformer to my desktop PC, I used the USB/power cable that comes with the Transformer, which is a cable that plugs into the Transformer's Tablet section ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast