View RSS Feed

openSUSE Hardware

Hardware used with openSUSE

1. Installing the nVIDIA Video Driver the Hard Way

by , 18-Jun-2011 at 12:03 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    If you have an nVIDIA video card, do you have 3D support enabled? If you look into the "My Computer" icon, what does the display info say there? Here is a look at mine:

Code:
                Display Info

Vendor:  nVidia Corporation
        Model:  GK104 [GeForce GTX 660 Ti]
    2D driver:  nvidia
    3D driver:  NVIDIA 331.20
    I always install the nVIDIA driver the Hard Way, which is not very hard using the most recent driver and I always run the ...

Updated 09-Nov-2013 at 08:27 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Hardware
  2. Compare Different Video Cards (GPU's) & CPU's before you buy - Web Site Links

by , 18-Jun-2011 at 06:56 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    Video Card Comparison:

I have found a really neat place were you can Compare Different Video Card GPU's before you buy - A Web Site Link. It can be used to compare older nVIDIA video cards to new ones, compare AMD video cards to NVIDIA and on and on. There is an extensive library that places existing specifications of one video card up against another. I have just never seen such a resource before. If you ever thought about buying a new video card and wondered what that might mean, ...

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 17:56 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Hardware