View RSS Feed

James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!

Here Bash Scripting Rules Supreme! I also talk about other useful subjects such as Video Cards, loading the nVIDIA video driver, Samba, kernel compiling, kernel source code and many other things that is related to using openSUSE. If you have a bash script request for openSUSE, please let me know.

Thank You,

1. SysdCmd - systemd Command Help/Config Editor - Version: 1.1.2

by , 28-Apr-2013 at 18:40 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    SCREENSHOTS:

SysdCmd is a bash script intended to be used in openSUSE and tested with openSUSE version 12.3. I have included all of the features I feel openSUSE users will likely want in a bash script intended to help you learn how to use and work with systemd. SysdCmd will install the following standard openSUSE packages: systemd-ui, systemd-analyze and graphviz all of which will require root user access. The ...

Updated 19-May-2013 at 14:37 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software
  2. S.A.N.D.I. - SuSE Automated NVIDIA Driver Installer - Version 1.50

by , 12-Feb-2012 at 08:19 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)

I am happy to present my bash script S.A.N.D.I., SuSE Automated NVIDIA Driver Installer which is written to work with DKMS - Dynamic Kernel Module Support to allow the automatic installation of the nVIDIA proprietary Video Driver each time you upgrade your Kernel version. What DKMS does is to recompile and install any DKMS loaded driver against the running kernel each time a new kernel version is loaded. DKMS only works with ...

Updated 06-Jan-2014 at 09:58 by kgroneman

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. systemd and using the after.local script in openSUSE 12.1/12.2/12.3

by , 12-Nov-2011 at 21:25 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    I have found out that in openSUSE 12.1/12.2 and now 12.3, some startup scripts do not operate due to the usage of systemd. systemd really speeds up system startup by running the many startup processes in parallel and avoids the usage of shell scripts altogether. That is is good for speed, but not good if you are in need of running something in openSUSE as root when the system is restarted. In my case I was trying to run some VirtualBox mount commands in a VM running openSUSE 12.1/12.2/12.3 and ...

Updated 28-Jul-2013 at 15:26 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software