View RSS Feed

James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!

Here Bash Scripting Rules Supreme! I also talk about other useful subjects such as Video Cards, loading the nVIDIA video driver, Samba, kernel compiling, kernel source code and many other things that is related to using openSUSE. If you have a bash script request for openSUSE, please let me know.

Thank You,

1. How To Use VNC/Remmina to Remote Control an openSUSE 12.3 KDE Desktop

by , 23-Mar-2013 at 06:56 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    So I am no expert on desktop remote control, but I just used VNC/Krfb to remote an openSUSE 12.3 KDE desktop to an openSUSE 12.2 PC running VNC/Remmina and it worked just fine. This came from a message post I had made in the forum, but I thought it was worth sharing here in a blog post.

On the openSUSE 12.3 I did three things:

1) Enabled Services in Firewall for VNC:

2) I enabled ...

Updated 31-Oct-2013 at 18:40 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Creating Partitions During Install for MBR and GPT Hard Disks

by , 03-Mar-2013 at 09:12 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    Here is some basic information and advice about creating partitions when you install openSUSE:

Master Boot Record Partitioned Hard Disks:

openSUSE does not want to remove anything from your system when you first try to install it and if you want the whole thing to be openSUSE, you might consider downloading the KDE LiveCD or GNOME LiveCD from here:software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 12.2, boot from the LiveCD and make sure it works as you wish. Then, you can ...