View RSS Feed

openSUSE Software

Software Used with openSUSE

1. Bash Scripting - How would you like to Learn?

by , 29-Sep-2011 at 17:38 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    So it has been suggested that I consider starting a blog on Bash scripting. I have spent a far amount of time lately
    working on and posting bash scripts here in the openSUSE forum in the hope that you might find something useful to you.
    I don't think such efforts would make me any sort of bash scripting expert, but what if our goal is to help each other
    instead of just one master showing everyone else how it is done? In fact I have said more than once here in the forum

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 17:54 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software
  2. Berkeley Packet Filter Just in Time compiler and The Linux Kernel 3.0

by , 06-Aug-2011 at 20:10 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    I noticed a new addition to the Linux Kernel 3.0 which was called the "Berkeley Packet Filter Just in Time compiler". This seemed intriguing to me though I admit to not knowing how to make use of it. The H Open link on the subject is as follows:

Kernel Log: Coming in 3.0 (Part 1) - Networking - The H Open Source: News and Features

Just in time

The netfilter code now includes a "Berkeley Packet Filter Just-in-Time Compiler" for x86-64 systems.

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 17:54 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software
  3. MMCHECK - Version 2.45 - Check Your Multimedia in 16 Steps - Bash Script File

by , 28-Jun-2011 at 18:12 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    I have updated mmcheck to version 2.45 for use with openSUSE 12.1 & 12.2, added in checks for the all new mplayer files and for the changes made in Packman.

Before using mmcheck, always consult the following thread for the proper way to setup your multimedia in openSUSE.

Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

The newest version of mmcheck is too large to be ...

Updated 26-Mar-2013 at 18:21 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software
  4. YaST Power Management - Control Your CPU Energy Usage How To & FAQ

by , 18-Jun-2011 at 07:53 (James' openSUSE Bash Scripting (and other things) Blog - Your Comments are Welcome!)
    In openSUSE 11.4, the control of your CPU energy usage has been moved to the YaST Power Management module. This How To and FAQ Tells you how to install and enable this CPU control module.

With openSUSE 13.1, this function has been removed from YaST and is no longer selectable as outlined in this blog.

To begin, you must start the YaST Control Center and enter the root user password as normal. Then, proceed to:

YaST / Software / Software Management ...

Updated 11-Nov-2013 at 06:44 by jdmcdaniel3

Categories
    openSUSE Software
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12