boot problem after lvm2 update

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that solved the problem for me

OT:The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters…
makes it difficult to just stick to the point ;-).

It does not count the QUOTing you do. Sometimes it seems to make errors in the counting and it can be irritatiing indeed.

This version is buggy. To solve the issue revert back to the original lvm2-2.02.98-0.28.1.5.x86_64 from the OpenSUSE-13.1-Oss repository. Please let me know if that helped.

Regards

My system faced the same problem. Downgrading to lvm2-2.02.98-0.28.1.5.x86_64 helped here. Lvm is working again.

@parar, my_suse_frank

Whew, your information saved me.

My system is 13.1 x86_64, my system disk is encrypted and after the update of lvm2 I had this error message at boot. Fortunately my system was still booting, but this kind of message

WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad: No such file or directory. Falling back to internal scanning
makes me very nervous.

Thank you.

I see the same message (2 times) first, before being prompted for the passphrase to unlock my encrypted disk and second, right after I enter the passphrase. This is a know bug; caused because lvmetad is called before it is loaded. It should not cause you any trouble.

here is a link to the bug report I referred to:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=862405

This is probably a non-critical bug. At least for me. I can boot normally.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

With today’s updates use_lvmetad was changed back to 1 and the problem came back again. :frowning: I had to boot in recovery mode to get into the system and change it back.

Should be reported to Bugzilla

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=871704

Whoever has this problem - please test suggested update packages and report. For your convenience, here is link to comment with instructions (bug became rather long): Access Denied

Any news? I tested the suggested update package on openSUSE 13.1 (64bit) but I am still getting the previous message (“Failed to connect to lvmetad: No such file or directory. Falling back to internal scanning”). I am able to boot but it’s annoying.

Do you get it in initrd or after switch to real root?

I get it in initrd right before the passphrase. After the passphrase I get it second time.