13.1 evolution-ews could not scan Exchange folders

Hi there,

I have a newly installed 13.1 and tried to configure Evolution to connect to our Exchange 2007 server via evolution-ews. I could configure everything just fine.
The problem is that several folders are not properly scanned including the main Inbox. Immediately after adding an account you can see the different folders with bold numbers in them (indicating the number of unread mails) which are in their expected values. However, as soon as you click on the folder, it immediately rescans the folder and ends up with far lesser number of emails (new ones are gone). Some folders even end up empty if they do not have unread emails.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

FYI, I am not new to Linux.

Thanks.

Edit:
My 13.1 is fully patched as of this writing.

More edit:
I have my own custom Debian-based distro with hand-compiled evolution 3.6.4 and it works just fine on the same Exchange server.

I have the same thing. After googling, it looks like the new version og GnuTLS breaks evolution-ews. The bug is described here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36515

Thanks for the info. I guess it’s a wait-and-see from here on.

FYI mate, (lib)gnutls 3.2.6 in factory fixes the problem.

dtmateojr wrote:
>
> FYI mate, (lib)gnutls 3.2.6 in factory fixes the problem.
>
>
Do Disable factory repo after installation of relevant packages

GNOME 3.10.1
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop

Thanks, gov!

I’m a sort of a newbie on OpenSuSE, exploring to see whether I can switch from F19. Evolution is the main problem there, too. Can you please tell me the URL of the factory repo? I can’t seem to find it.
Thanks!

mgogala wrote:
>
> dtmateojr;2600104 Wrote:
>> Thanks for the info. I guess it’s a wait-and-see from here on.
>
> I’m a sort of a newbie on OpenSuSE, exploring to see whether I can
> switch from F19. Evolution is the main problem there, too. Can you
> please tell me the URL of the factory repo? I can’t seem to find it.
> Thanks!
>
>
Click on link “Show other versions” in page
http://software.opensuse.org/package/gnutls

GNOME 3.10.1
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop

Brilliant! After installing libgnutls28-3.2.6-1.1.x86_64.rpm and libgnutls28-32bit-3.2.6-1.1.x86_64.rpm from Factory, Evolution once again works perfectly with my employer’s Exchange server.

I’ve filed an openSUSE bug for this: 851865