Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HBO GO videos not playing

Default HBO GO videos not playing

12.3 KDE

I was wondering if anyone else able to use HBO GO on SUSE 12.3?

It's flash based and I've read people having success on unbuntu and I can't get videos to play under Chromium, Firefox, or Konqueror.

Default Re: HBO GO videos not playing

I tried the solution here by installing HAL and removing the contents from ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/ . No luck :/, any other ideas? It's just flash and I can't see any reason for it not working.

Blog Entries

I think they work for me. At least the trailers on that site work for me.

Possibly try following this blog entry: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jd...cript-file-36/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I think they work for me. At least the trailers on that site work for me.

Possibly try following this blog entry: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jd...cript-file-36/
    Tried that as well. I passed every check. I also tried 3 different browsers being Chromium, Konqueror, and Firefox. All have failed :/.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Static2k View Post
    Tried that as well. I passed every check. I also tried 3 different browsers being Chromium, Konqueror, and Firefox. All have failed :/.
    Can you give a public link to a video that does not work for you?

When I tried a trailer on that HBO site, with Firefox, under a 64-bit openSUSE-12.3 install, it 'just worked'.

Blog Entries

Tried that as well. I passed every check.
    Just in case, note you need to be precise here. If it says an app should come packaged from Packman, ensure you do NOT have an OSS/SuSE-GmbH packaged version instead.

Can you give a public link to a video that does not work for you?

When I tried a trailer on that HBO site, with Firefox, under a 64-bit openSUSE-12.3 install, it 'just worked'.
    None of the videos work. I also ran mmcheck and have every package needed from the specified vendor.

Blog Entries

None of the videos work. I also ran mmcheck and have every package needed from the specified vendor.
    I just finished testing an HBO trailer on my Toshiba Ultrabook Z930 which had openSUSE-12.3 installed on it (by me) yesterday. ie this is a new install. The video's on the site play fine with openSUSE-12.3. Its always possible I checked the wrong place. How about a link (that I asked earlier)?

Have you tried checking log files, or terminals for a hint as to what your configuration problem may be ?

ie run the browsers you mention in a konsole/terminal, and check for errors. Check the /var/log/messages ... etc ...
    Last edited by oldcpu; 24-Jun-2013 at 15:38.

I just finished testing an HBO trailer on my Toshiba Ultrabook Z930 which had openSUSE-12.3 installed on it (by me) yesterday. ie this is a new install. The video's on the site play fine with openSUSE-12.3. Its always possible I checked the wrong place. How about a link (that I asked earlier)?

Have you tried checking log files, or terminals for a hint as to what your configuration problem may be ?

ie run the browsers you mention in a konsole/terminal, and check for errors. Check the /var/log/messages ... etc ...
    Not a single error message after running the browser from console and nothing from /var/log/messages. What's weird is I notice some download bandwidth when I click preview or play but then it stops after say 5 seconds.

Blog Entries

Its always possible I checked the wrong place. How about a link (that I asked earlier)?
    I'm pretty certain I was checking the wrong location. I was looking at : HBO

But I think now you are interested in : HBO GO <=== where since I am outside of the of the USA I obtain this message:

You will need to get a US based user to help you (or someone who has a professional proxy or has a virtual lan connection to the USA).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast