alt+tab switcher effects

Hello there, community !!

My laptop is running on opensuse 12.2 64-bit, kde 4.9.2 "release 511. I have installed ati driver using 1-click install from SDB:AMD fglrx - openSUSE . Everything works amazing. I have enabled desktop effects and then found that alt+tab switcher effects is not working like before. I mean cover switch and flip switch aren’t actually turning on any effects. Only normal alt+tab switcher pops-out. The effect is same when i enable/disable alt+tab effects. Am doing expecting/doing something wrong here ?

P.S: All other effects are working.

If I am getting your problem right, there is a difference between enableing and actally using a desktop effect.

Try this
Configure Desktop > Window Behaviour > Task Switcher > Effect and select what you want from the dropdown list.

Yeah, you’ve got it right. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

While I realize this is an old thread. This is why a search turns up the gold when you want it most times on “This forum” For some reason, I was setting up my desktop effects and made a cylinder, and like a moron, made "Shift S’ to activate it…Duh… So after hacking around and finally setting everything back to defaults, I was able to get my Capital S back lol… What a nudge I can be…

Anyway my cover flow wasn’t working, and if there is anything I use more of it is cycling through windows with alt , tab. For some reason I can’t break the habit it helps improve my work flow. Anyway I wasn’t working after the defaults reset on effects window.

Well I googled, and googled, and got nothing but Ubuntu results. I’m so sick of having Ubuntu shoved down my throat…So I finally had another Duh moment and said to my self, just go to the SUSE forums…and low and behold the first search…Bingo a lucid answer!

Thank You once again to the SUSE community! You guys and gals are the best!