Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: E17 wouldn't load

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Panvel, India.
    Posts
    98

    Default E17 wouldn't load

    I am using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE edition.

    I downloaded E17 from software.opensuse.org, installed it with one click install, logged out, and tried logging in to E17. It takes me to a green geeko wallpaper with a cursor and nothing else. I can move cursor around but left-click, right-click, or anything else doesn't work. I even tried rebooting the system, but it still isn't helping. Do I need to install any extra packages? Or is there some other problem?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,500
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: E17 wouldn't load

    Quote Originally Posted by missingfaktor View Post
    I am using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE edition.

    I downloaded E17 from software.opensuse.org, installed it with one click install, logged out, and tried logging in to E17. It takes me to a green geeko wallpaper with a cursor and nothing else. I can move cursor around but left-click, right-click, or anything else doesn't work. I even tried rebooting the system, but it still isn't helping. Do I need to install any extra packages? Or is there some other problem?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    So I have not tried to make this work myself and not sure what you get loaded from the 1-Click option. I find there is a repository for it here: "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Nightly/openSUSE_12.2/" and it says you need the prerequisites:

    Recommended requirements for all releases to the right are:

    • libc
    • libpthread
    • zlib
    • freetype
    • fontconfig
    • fribidi (If you want BiDi support)
    • harfbuzz (If you want complex text shaping support)
    • opengl2.0/opengles-2 (depending on target)
    • libpng
    • libjpeg
    • libtiff
    • libgif
    • librsvg (if you want SVG support in Evas)
    • libx11
    • libxext
    • libxrender
    • libxcomposite
    • libxdamage
    • libxfixes
    • libxrandr
    • libxinerama
    • libxss
    • libxtest
    • libxdpms
    • libxcursor
    • libxprint
    • libxcb
    • libxcb-shape
    • openssl
    • curl
    • libudev
    • lua5.1 (not 5.0, not 5.2)


    Not sure, but until its built-in to the openSUSE distro, you may be kind of on your own here. Their Website is here: Enlightenment - About

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Panvel, India.
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: E17 wouldn't load

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So I have not tried to make this work myself and not sure what you get loaded from the 1-Click option. I find there is a repository for it here: "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Nightly/openSUSE_12.2/" and it says you need the prerequisites:

    Recommended requirements for all releases to the right are:

    • libc
    • libpthread
    • zlib
    • freetype
    • fontconfig
    • fribidi (If you want BiDi support)
    • harfbuzz (If you want complex text shaping support)
    • opengl2.0/opengles-2 (depending on target)
    • libpng
    • libjpeg
    • libtiff
    • libgif
    • librsvg (if you want SVG support in Evas)
    • libx11
    • libxext
    • libxrender
    • libxcomposite
    • libxdamage
    • libxfixes
    • libxrandr
    • libxinerama
    • libxss
    • libxtest
    • libxdpms
    • libxcursor
    • libxprint
    • libxcb
    • libxcb-shape
    • openssl
    • curl
    • libudev
    • lua5.1 (not 5.0, not 5.2)


    Not sure, but until its built-in to the openSUSE distro, you may be kind of on your own here. Their Website is here: Enlightenment - About

    Thank You,
    Thank you for your response!

    I checked in YaST software management and saw E17 was there in patterns and it had a checkbox in front of it. I don't know if this indicates dependencies are installed or not, but I am just noting it in case it helps the diagnosis.

    I tried installing the said libraries. Most do not seem to be found. What do I need to do?

    Here is the console log:

    Code:
    rahul@localhost:~> sudo zypper in libc libpthread zlib freetype fontconfig fribidi harfbuzz opengl2.0 libpng libjpeg libtiff libgif librsvg libx11 libxext libxrender libxcomposite libxdamage libxfixes libxrandr libxinerama libxss libxtest libxdpms libxcursor libxprint libxcb libxcb-shape openssl curl libudev lua5.1
    root's password:
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'zlib' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'zlib-1.2.7-2.1.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'openssl' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'openssl-1.0.1c-2.1.3.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    'libpng14-14' providing 'libpng' is already installed.
    'libpng12-0' providing 'libpng' is already installed.
    'curl' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'curl', but it is from different vendor. Use 'zypper install curl-7.27.0-85.1.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    'fontconfig' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'fontconfig-2.9.0-3.5.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libjpeg' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libjpeg' found.
    'fribidi' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'fribidi-0.19.2-6.1.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libtiff' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    'libtiff5' providing 'libtiff' is already installed.
    'libxcb' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxcb' found.
    'librsvg' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    'librsvg-2-2' providing 'librsvg' is already installed.
    'libx11' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libx11' found.
    'libc' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libc' found.
    'libudev' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libudev' found.
    'harfbuzz' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'harfbuzz' found.
    'libgif' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libgif' found.
    'libpthread' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libpthread' found.
    'libxcb-shape' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxcb-shape' found.
    'libxcomposite' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxcomposite' found.
    'libxcursor' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxcursor' found.
    'libxdamage' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxdamage' found.
    'libxdpms' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxdpms' found.
    'libxext' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxext' found.
    'libxfixes' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxfixes' found.
    'libxinerama' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxinerama' found.
    'libxprint' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxprint' found.
    'libxrandr' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxrandr' found.
    'libxrender' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxrender' found.
    'libxss' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxss' found.
    'libxtest' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libxtest' found.
    'lua5.1' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'lua5.1' found.
    'opengl2.0' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'opengl2.0' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    
    The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
      freetype libttf2 
    
    
    2 new packages to install.
    Overall download size: 231.3 KiB. After the operation, additional 865.0 KiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y
    Retrieving package libttf2-1.3.1-1408.1.2.x86_64                                                        (1/2),  62.4 KiB (152.9 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libttf2-1.3.1-1408.1.2.x86_64.rpm ............................................................................[done (18.4 KiB/s)]
    Retrieving package freetype-1.3.1-1408.1.2.x86_64                                                       (2/2), 169.0 KiB (712.1 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: freetype-1.3.1-1408.1.2.x86_64.rpm ..........................................................................[done (121.0 KiB/s)]
    Installing: libttf2-1.3.1-1408.1.2 ....................................................................................................[done]
    Installing: freetype-1.3.1-1408.1.2 ...................................................................................................[done]
    rahul@localhost:~>

  4. #4
    Taki NNTP User

    Default Re: E17 wouldn't load

    On 09/30/2012 10:46 AM, missingfaktor wrote:
    >
    > jdmcdaniel3;2492039 Wrote:
    >> So I have not tried to make this work myself and not sure what you get
    >> loaded from the 1-Click option. I find there is a repository for it
    >> here:
    >> "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Nightly/openSUSE_12.2/"
    >> and it says you need the prerequisites:

    [...]

    I did the 1-click install of E17 from the above repository;
    there was no issue at all for me. I am writing from E17 now.

    So, I guess something is amiss on your end. Maybe, the dependencies
    for the E17 are not set properly.

    Anyway, exactly what package from which repository for which opeSUSE
    version did you download?

    I don't think I can help you, but others may, with information
    you provide.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Panvel, India.
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: E17 wouldn't load

    Quote Originally Posted by Taki View Post
    On 09/30/2012 10:46 AM, missingfaktor wrote:
    >
    > jdmcdaniel3;2492039 Wrote:
    >> So I have not tried to make this work myself and not sure what you get
    >> loaded from the 1-Click option. I find there is a repository for it
    >> here:
    >> "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Nightly/openSUSE_12.2/"
    >> and it says you need the prerequisites:

    [...]

    I did the 1-click install of E17 from the above repository;
    there was no issue at all for me. I am writing from E17 now.

    So, I guess something is amiss on your end. Maybe, the dependencies
    for the E17 are not set properly.

    Anyway, exactly what package from which repository for which opeSUSE
    version did you download?

    I don't think I can help you, but others may, with information
    you provide.
    Thank you for your response. It was this one - https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ly&package=e17.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thessaloniki
    Posts
    401

    Default Απ: E17 wouldn't load

    Many information how to install it:

    Portal:Enlightenment - openSUSE

    Follow Connect, Facebook and Twitter too.
    Tomas can solve any problems.
    There are also plenty of themes

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •