Thread: How Can i Change OpenSUSE 12.1 Theme ?

Question How Can i Change OpenSUSE 12.1 Theme ?

Hello Gentiles ,

i have a problem when i want to change OpenSUSE 12.1 theme from " Login Screen "

when i chose my theme and click on apply thin okay .. thin i log out from my account / restart computer but nothing happen ..

is there anyway to change theme or not ?

Thanks for Novell Company
    Johann

Default Re: How Can i Change OpenSUSE 12.1 Theme ?

Quote Originally Posted by AaoIi View Post
    is there anyway to change theme or not ?
    You can edit /usr/share/kde4/config/kdm/kdmrc (as root) and set the value of Theme in [X-*-Greeter] section.

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    You can edit /usr/share/kde4/config/kdm/kdmrc (as root) and set the value of Theme in [X-*-Greeter] section.
    thank you but may you discuss in steps .. like how to edit because i'm beginner for openSUSE but i was using fedora 16 before i change to openSUSE
    like if i want to change theme to Oxygen ! how can i apply it and were i have to go ? !

Regards, Johann

Quote Originally Posted by AaoIi View Post
    thank you but may you discuss in steps .. like how to edit because i'm beginner for openSUSE but i was using fedora 16 before i change to openSUSE
    like if i want to change theme to Oxygen ! how can i apply it and were i have to go ? !

Regards, Johann
    Humm ... setting the theme in kdmrc is not sufficient in openSUSE, sorry. You have to set DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager. You can do it with YaST sysconfig-editor. In a terminal, type:

Code:
    xdg-su -c '/sbin/yast2 sysconfig'
    ( or start YaST and click on sysconfig-editor)

Then:

Desktop
    -> Display manager
    -> DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME

and write "oxygen".

* You'll have to restart kdm (or reboot).