MTP error at booting

Hi all,

I get this message during booting

udevd[3359]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/mtp-probe' 'mtp-probe /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-4 2 3': No such file or directory

My first reaction was to remove libmtp but then something stopped me. I guess the thought I might have problems with Amarok. Any ideas what it means and how I can get rid of it?

Thanks.

I have no idea what this means, but I had it too. A bunch of strange stuff happened when I upgraded a second hd to Win7 by disconnecting the drive with opensuse on it. I couldn’t get the gui and I couldn’t log in as user, only root. After hours of trying different things, this seemed to work: from root cli, I typed kdm, switched user and then rebooted. The error went away and opensuse booted to the gui. The repos being down may not have mattered but they sure added to my anxiety when I couldn’t update files.

I think I will go ahead and remove libmtp. In the worst scenario I will install Amarok again since it’s required.

On 2012-05-03 08:56, pligdas wrote:
>
> I think I will go ahead and remove libmtp. In the worst scenario I will
> install Amarok again since it’s required.

I would simply ignore the boot message. Just a line written to a file, so what?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Well, it looks like I wasted my time. I removed libmtp, the message went away, but vlc went away too. After reinstalling vlc from VideoLan, the message reappeared. No insight whatsoever gained.

I have been ignoring that message. I think it started with the last kernel update. Everything seems to still work when I ignore the message.

That’s something. I also updated the kernel recently.

Hi
Seems like it’s aggressive in 11.4;
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=700243

You could try enabling the udev settle service and rebooting?

# systemctl enable udev-settle.service

ln -s '/lib/systemd/system/udev-settle.service'
'/etc/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/udev-settle.service'

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) Kernel 3.1.10-1.9-desktop
up 7:12, 4 users, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Don’t know what that means, but it didn’t work anyway.