Thread: Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

Default Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

Hi!

When I try to render a video using the H.264 preset I get an error:

Code:
    Rendering of /home/john/kdenlive/test.mp4 crashed
    (<unknown>:8076): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_debug_add_log_function: assertion `func != NULL' failed<br>[swscaler @ 0x7fcd9403eb60] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss<br>[NULL @ 0x1a94200] Codec is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, see -strict -2<br>consumer_avformat.c: Unable to encode audio - disabling audio output.<br>[mp4 @ 0x98f700] track 1: codec frame size is not set<br>
    The file renders fine if I use the MPEG-4 preset. I am uncertain as to whether the problem is with the video or audio codec. This link seems to suggest that I want to render audio to mp3, which I would try, but the file profiles.xml does not seem to exist on my system, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to choose an audio codec in kdenlive..

Does anyone have a suggestions? I'm on 11.4, with the most updates of kdenlive and mlt from packman. Thanks!

- John

Default Re: Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

As you pointed out the file renders fine, I use kdenlive & this problem started about 4 months ago IIRC. It is safe for you to ignore this warning, I have with no problems.
    The Packman crew is aware of it AFAIK.
    Challenge your preconceptions, or they will challenge you.
    My 32 bit: E Machines T3103| VIA On board graphics|512MB RAM
    My 64 bit: Gateway 5670| Nvidia GeForce GT610 |CPU AMD Phenom 8400|4G RAM

Hi. Thanks for the response. However, I pointed out that the file renders fine using the MPEG-4 preset, not the H.264 preset, which fails utterly. I think that you are confusing the error presented in the OP with the "file may be corrupted" warning that come at the end of rendering that we seem t o be stuck with at the moment, and which I am ignoring. But it would be nice if I could render with H.264.

This is solved. I found the profiles.xml file in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/export directory. I edited the H.264 group to have acodec=libmp3lame (instead of acodec=aac), and I can now render in H.264.