Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: More NFS troubles.

  1. #1

    Default More NFS troubles.

    It seems that NFS is really pooched in 12.1. I have never had so many issues with it.

    For some reason, NFS in 12.1 keeps trying to mount the NFS shares twice. This causes all kinds of messages during boot and shut down with it trying to mount and unmount the extra shares. Even in Yast Partitioner it shows up twice.



    I am not running NFSv4 because it does not support _netdev which adds a whole other can of worms to bootups with it trying to mount before the service starts.

    Using systemd or sysvinit does not change anything.

    There is only one line in fstab regarding the mount:

    Code:
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00E8B0_WD-WMATV3773992-part2	swap	swap	defaults 0 0 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00E8B0_WD-WMATV3773992-part1	/	ext4	acl,user_xattr 1 1 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD2002FAEX-007BA0_WD-WMAY03483258-part1	/home	xfs	defaults 1 2 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B1_WD-WMATV1614271-part3	/local/WinData	ntfs-3g	users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS723020BLA642_MN1230F31VWLHG-part1	/local/WinMedia	ntfs-3g	users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B1_WD-WMATV1614271-part2	/local/WinSys	ntfs-3g	users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0 
    proc	/proc	proc	defaults 0 0 
    sysfs	/sys	sysfs	noauto 0 0 
    debugfs	/sys/kernel/debug	debugfs	noauto 0 0 
    usbfs	/proc/bus/usb	usbfs	noauto 0 0 
    devpts	/dev/pts	devpts	mode=0620,gid=5 0 0 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS723020BLA642_MN1230F31V8WBG-part1	/local/Hitachi	xfs	defaults 1 2 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B1_WD-WMATV1495671-part1	/local/WD1000	xfs	defaults 1 2 
    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00E8B0_WD-WMATV3773992-part3	/local/WD900	xfs	defaults 1 2 
    192.168.1.201:/local/2000-4	/local/2000-4	nfs	_netdev,defaults 0 0
    This is happening on brand new fresh installs. Any ideas how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    10,951
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Just a hunch: maybe the new systemd is troubling the networking. Try deleting the RPM "systemd-sysvinit" and instead install "sysvinit-init". I needed to do that for cifs mounts to work, hence the hunch re NFS mounts. If not useful, you can reverse it.

  3. #3

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Just a hunch: maybe the new systemd is troubling the networking. Try deleting the RPM "systemd-sysvinit" and instead install "sysvinit-init". I needed to do that for cifs mounts to work, hence the hunch re NFS mounts. If not useful, you can reverse it.
    That was the first thing I tried, thanks for the suggestion however.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,381

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    On 01/24/2012 06:36 AM, deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > swerdna;2433562 Wrote:
    >> Just a hunch: maybe the new systemd is troubling the networking. Try
    >> deleting the RPM "systemd-sysvinit" and instead install "sysvinit-init".
    >> I needed to do that for cifs mounts to work, hence the hunch re NFS
    >> mounts. If not useful, you can reverse it.

    >
    > That was the first thing I tried, thanks for the suggestion however.


    You can also switch your NFS share to automount.


  5. #5

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Quote Originally Posted by lwfinger View Post

    You can also switch your NFS share to automount.
    Mounting on demand has it's own set of issues. This really shouldn't be all that hard to do, NFS has worked fine with the same setup here since before openSUSE days when it was still SuSE.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    22,203

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    On 2012-01-24 13:16, deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > It seems that NFS is really pooched in 12.1. I have never had so many
    > issues with it.
    >
    > For some reason, NFS in 12.1 keeps trying to mount the NFS shares
    > twice. This causes all kinds of messages during boot and shut down with
    > it trying to mount and unmount the extra shares. Even in Yast
    > Partitioner it shows up twice.


    I use NFS client on 12.1 with the server on 11.4, I see no problems. :-?


    Code:
    
    > Elanor:~ # mount | grep -i nfs
    > rpc_pipefs on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
    > Telcontar.valinor:/data/storage_c/repositorios_zypp/ on /var/cache/zypp/nfs_packages type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,port=0,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.74.131,minorversion=0,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.14,_netdev)
    > Elanor:~ #

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  7. #7

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    I use NFS client on 12.1 with the server on 11.4, I see no problems. :-?
    You won't see this connecting to a 11.4 server. It only shows up on 12.1 to 12.1.

  8. #8

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Anybody else have any ideas? It is getting to be a real pain as when you have a lot of nfs mounts it takes forever for konqueror to appear do to it trying to read those duplicate mounts.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,381

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    On 01/29/2012 02:26 PM, deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > Anybody else have any ideas? It is getting to be a real pain as when
    > you have a lot of nfs mounts it takes forever for konqueror to appear do
    > to it trying to read those duplicate mounts.


    You rejected the only solution I had. You are on your own.


  10. #10

    Default Re: More NFS troubles.

    Quote Originally Posted by lwfinger View Post
    On 01/29/2012 02:26 PM, deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > Anybody else have any ideas? It is getting to be a real pain as when
    > you have a lot of nfs mounts it takes forever for konqueror to appear do
    > to it trying to read those duplicate mounts.


    You rejected the only solution I had. You are on your own.
    That wasn't a solution however, thus why I was asking for anybody else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •