Gnomebaker

Helo, can anybody on here tell me if opensuse has a way to install gnomebaker in opensuse 12? Brasero on ubuntu/mint is not very good. Not sure on open suse yet.

On 01/07/2012 08:36 PM, sparko wrote:
>
> Helo, can anybody on here tell me if opensuse has a way to install
> gnomebaker in opensuse 12?

as far as i can tell, no there are no prebuilt packages for it…but,
except that there is no “opensuse 12” it should be possible to download
the source tarball and compile/install it on your system…

> Brasero on ubuntu/mint is not very good. Not sure on open suse yet.

if you don’t want to do the easy compile/install i’d suggest you give
K3b a try…as far as i know (maybe others know more??) it runs fine in
Gnome if installed with YaST Software Management…

DD http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
openSUSE®, the “German Engineered Automobiles” of operating systems!

FWIW, I found an openSUSE RPM package for version 0.6.4 here:

RPM OpenSuSE gnomebaker 0.6.4 i586 rpm

thanks for the messages back. see what happens.

Checking that rpm too, but I’m weary as the Unconfined repo doesn’t seem to exist on opensuse servers anymore.

Well I did find the project on OBS https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3AUnconfined

But it doesn’t list that rpm, so perhaps something failed with it, but it seems clean enough. That is actually the only gnomebaker project I can find listed on obs. Will post results.

edit: installed and running fine, my hopes are this can burn a cd iso to a dvd… crosses fingers

edit again: well it cant but perhaps it can convert the iso. otherwise I’ll open a new post about this, as its seemingly annoying that nothing can burn a cd image to a dvd lol…

Is Gnomebaker maintaned,I tought that the developer gave up some time ago if I remember,and yes I loved Gnomebaker more then Brasero!

Yeah it’s dead, so sad. It still works but it doesn’t do what I needed it for, but since it still works I go back and forth between the two now. In the mean time the only option I see is opening a new post regarding what should be a simple task, which atm I can only achieve using windows.