Thread: Taking UTC off from the time clock

Default Taking UTC off from the time clock

I'm using 12.1 KDE OpenSuse. Everything is fine but I cannot get the clock to refresh with the correct settings that I specified several times. It has UTC underneath it and it does not need to be UTC but rather local time. But in the KDE or OpenSuse configurations there is no box to tick or untick to tell it to take UTC off, or am I missing something? Anyone? Thanks.

Default Re: Taking UTC off from the time clock

Quote Originally Posted by me_im_not View Post
    I'm using 12.1 KDE OpenSuse. Everything is fine but I cannot get the clock to refresh with the correct settings that I specified several times. It has UTC underneath it and it does not need to be UTC but rather local time. But in the KDE or OpenSuse configurations there is no box to tick or untick to tell it to take UTC off, or am I missing something? Anyone? Thanks.
    NEVERMIND! I fixed my own problem. I just deleted the old widget with the wrong time and added a new one and it had the correct time. Thanks though. Maybe this will help someone else...

Nice you found it yourself because I realy do not understand your problem description
    Henk van Velden

On 2011-11-17 11:56, hcvv wrote:
    >
    > Nice you found it yourself because I realy do not understand your
    > problem description

Me neither.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Nice you found it yourself because I realy do not understand your problem description
    I think this is what he is describing (but I am only guessing).

When I hover the mouse over the panel clock in KDE, it shows UTC time as well as local time.

It's a pretty obvious setting to turn that off. Just right click on the clock to get to the settings.

Perhaps that only shows up for people who have their cmos clock set to UTC, or maybe that shows up for everyone.
    opensuse factory; KDE 4.13.2 (main desktop);
    opensuse 13.1, KDE 4.11.5 (laptop);

You interpretation may be correct (and at least I understand what you mean).
    Perhaps that only shows up for people who have their cmos clock set to UTC, or maybe that shows up for everyone.
    This however looks very unlikely to me. That is a system setting that is only used at shutdown and boot. (And whatever the setting is, the system allways runs in UTC). I doubt that KDE is interested in it's value.
    Henk van Velden