Taking UTC off from the time clock

I’m using 12.1 KDE OpenSuse. Everything is fine but I cannot get the clock to refresh with the correct settings that I specified several times. It has UTC underneath it and it does not need to be UTC but rather local time. But in the KDE or OpenSuse configurations there is no box to tick or untick to tell it to take UTC off, or am I missing something? Anyone? Thanks.

**NEVERMIND! **I fixed my own problem. I just deleted the old widget with the wrong time and added a new one and it had the correct time. Thanks though. Maybe this will help someone else… :wink:

Nice you found it yourself because I realy do not understand your problem description :wink:

On 2011-11-17 11:56, hcvv wrote:
>
> Nice you found it yourself because I realy do not understand your
> problem description :wink:

Me neither.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

I think this is what he is describing (but I am only guessing).

When I hover the mouse over the panel clock in KDE, it shows UTC time as well as local time.

It’s a pretty obvious setting to turn that off. Just right click on the clock to get to the settings.

Perhaps that only shows up for people who have their cmos clock set to UTC, or maybe that shows up for everyone.

You interpretation may be correct (and at least I understand what you mean).

Perhaps that only shows up for people who have their cmos clock set to UTC, or maybe that shows up for everyone.

This however looks very unlikely to me. That is a system setting that is only used at shutdown and boot. (And whatever the setting is, the system allways runs in UTC). I doubt that KDE is interested in it’s value.

Thankyou me_im_not for your post.  I also encountered the same problem and was trying to solve it for some time.  Your post helped me to solve the issue by just deleting the old time widget and addition of a new time widget.:)

Perhaps related.

After rebooting yesterday, and login to KDE, I noticed that the digital clock was giving time as UTC.

Checking: Digital Clock Settings → Time Zones

it clearly said at the bottom “Clock defaults to Local”.

So I changed that to UTC, and saved the changes. Then I changed it back to “Local” and again saved the changes. And now it is showing local time.

There’s probably a subtle KDE bug somewhere. But this is an easy fix when the problem shows up.

This seems to happen every now and then, although not often.

If I remember correctly, I think all I did when it happened was, on the first panel (Appearance) simply unchecked Show Time Zone, hit Apply, then rechecked Show Time Zone & hit Apply again.