Thread: Edits

Default Edits

Can people editing important how-tos and useful stuff like that *please* date the edit so we have some idea which information is current, or the latest updates? Otherwise be more brutal in removing old stuff!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Edits

Any post edited has a time stamp when it was edited
    Eg: Look at this thread: Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

See the bottom of the post:
    Last edited by caf4926; 12-May-2011 at 17:09. Reason: libav > ffmpeg
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Any post edited has a time stamp when it was edited
    Eg: Look at this thread: Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

See the bottom of the post:
    The point is that individual edits are not timestamped, only the last one is (if I've understood the system properly), so in a complex post like Repository Management where there are several edits listed one after another it's not at all clear what the time sequence of the edits is (that's a particularly complicated post granted). At least the edits are marked as such but a timeline would be useful. Better yet a complete re-write but I guess that's not going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    The point is that individual edits are not timestamped, only the last one is (if I've understood the system properly), so in a complex post like Repository Management where there are several edits listed one after another it's not at all clear what the time sequence of the edits is (that's a particularly complicated post granted). At least the edits are marked as such but a timeline would be useful. Better yet a complete re-write but I guess that's not going to happen.
    Just ask a question.
    I'll do my best to answer it.
    That's just a brief guide I did some time back and it isn't locked to replies. So the replies are not necessarily related to the OP
    My openSUSE 13.1 KDE Box
    My Articles
    Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below