Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    68

    Question Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    Hi!

    Is it possible to make the forums compatible with Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go ?

    It would be a HUGE benefit for users on mobile devices (iOS and Android)!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    15,961
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    Quote Originally Posted by cast_iron View Post
    Hi!

    Is it possible to make the forums compatible with Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go ?

    It would be a HUGE benefit for users on mobile devices (iOS and Android)!

    Thanks!
    Hi
    Not possible at present, as we don't use the vBulletin login system...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    Ok, thank you for your answer! And, who knows, maybe in the future it will be made possible... :-)

  4. #4
    Simon Flood NNTP User

    Default Re: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    On 16/08/2011 09:06, cast iron wrote:

    > Ok, thank you for your answer! And, who knows, maybe in the future it
    > will be made possible... :-)


    How about using NewsTap (iOS only) to access the forums via NNTP? I use
    it and it works great!

    Information on using NNTP is @
    http://forums.opensuse.org/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_nntp

    HTH.
    --
    Simon
    Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
    If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
    Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    14,092

    Default Re: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:00:00 +0000, Simon Flood wrote:

    > On 16/08/2011 09:06, cast iron wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, thank you for your answer! And, who knows, maybe in the future it
    >> will be made possible... :-)

    >
    > How about using NewsTap (iOS only) to access the forums via NNTP? I use
    > it and it works great!
    >
    > Information on using NNTP is @
    > http://forums.opensuse.org/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_nntp
    >
    > HTH.


    Just adding to this as well, there are a couple of Android-based
    newsreaders as well in the market. I've not tried them extensively (and
    don't have them installed at the moment), but chances are they'd do a
    good enough job, too.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Using Tapatalk with the forums?

    Thanks for the NewsTap tip! I'll be using that for a while and see how I like it... It seems alright so far.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •