Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

Default How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

When I right-click on a file in my firefox downloads window and choose "open containing folder", it opens the folder in EasyTag. I tried both of the below "solutions" and logged out and logged back in to openSUSE and it still uses EasyTag! Is it because I need a restart or is it something else?

Neither one has worked yet...
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic....538261#p538261
    Open Containing Folder in Firefox under Linux

Default Re: How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

Even after restart, it's still opening the folder in EasyTag. Does anyone have a solution?

I *sort of* finally got it to work. I renamed "/usr/share/applications/easytag.desktop" to "/usr/share/applications/easytag.desktop-old" and now it's finally opening in dolphin. This means that somewhere there's something still pointing to easytag to be used for opening directories! I don't know why as I set inode/directory and x-directory/normal in "/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache" and "~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" to point to kde4-dolphin.desktop. Is there another place this mapping exists that I'm missing?

Here's EasyTag's desktop file:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    X-SuSE-translate=true
    Name=EasyTAG
    GenericName=Audio File Tag Viewer/Editor
    Comment=EasyTAG is an utility for viewing and editing tags for MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack and Monkey's Audio files, with a GTK+ GUI.
    Comment[cs]=EasyTAG je utilita na prohlžen, editaci a zpis tagů do vašich MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack a Monkey Audio souborů.
    Comment[da]=Et program til at vise/redigere MP3 og Ogg Vorbis tags med et GTK+ interface.
    Comment[de]=EasyTAG ist ein Werkzeug zum Anschauen, Editieren und Schreiben von Tags Ihrer MP3-, MP2-, FLAC-, Ogg Vorbis-, MusePack- und  Monkey's Audio-Dateien.
    Comment[es]=EasyTAG es una utilidad para ver, editar y escribir etiquetas a tus archivos MP3, MP2, FLAC y Ogg Vorbis.
    Comment[fr]=EasyTAG est un utilitaire pour visualiser et diter les tags des fichiers MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack et Monkey's Audio avec une interface GTK+.
    Comment[hu]=Az EasyTAG egy GTK+-on alapul cmkenző s -szerkesztő segdeszkz MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack s Monkey's Audio fjlokhoz.
    Comment[it]=EasyTAG  programma per vedere, modificare e scrivere i tag dei file MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack e Monkey's Audio.
    Comment[ja]=EasyTAG は MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack と Monkey's オーディオ・ファイルの ID3 タグを表示したり、編集するためのツールです。シンプルでクールな GTK+ インタフェースを採用しているので、GNU/Linux で簡単にタグの編集ができます。
    Comment[nl]=EasyTAG is een programma voor het bewerken van tags van MP2-, MP3-, FLAC-, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack en Monkeys Audio-bestanden. Dit gebeurt in een verzorgde GTK+-omgeving.
    Comment[pl]=EasyTAG jest narzędziem do przeglądania, edytowania i zapisywania tagw w plikach MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack i Monkey's Audio. Jego prosty i miły interface wykonany w GTK+ ułatwia tagowanie.
    Comment[ro]=EasyTAG este un utilitar pentru afisarea, modificarea si scrierea etichtelor fisierelor MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack si Monkey Audio. Interfata sa simpla (GTK+) face etichetarea mai simpla.
    Comment[ru]=EasyTAG -- это программа для просмотра и редактирования тегов в файлах MP3, MP2, FLAC, MusePack, APE и Ogg Vorbis с удобным интерфейсом GTK+ для GNU/Linux.
    Comment[sv]=EasyTAG r ett verktyg fr att underska, editera och skriva taggar fr dina MP3-, MP2-, FLAC- och Ogg Vorbis-filer, och anvnder ett enkelt och trevligt GTK+-grnssnitt.
    Comment[uk]=EasyTAG - утиліта для перегляду, редагування та запису тегів у файли MP3, MP2, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack та Monkey's Audio. Простий та приємний інтерфейс GTK+ допоможе процесу запису тегів.
    Exec=easytag %F
    Icon=EasyTAG_icon
    Terminal=false
    Type=Application
    Categories=AudioVideo;AudioVideoEditing;GTK;AudioVideo;
    X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.14
    MimeType=audio/x-mp3;application/ogg;
    I don't see where that could be registering it for opening directories either. What am I missing?

Anyone have an idea?

On 04/01/2011 09:06 AM, 6tr6tr wrote:
    >
    > Anyone have an idea?

Not sure I understand your question. If I download something in Firefox
    and save it in, say ~/Documents I just open Dolphin, go to ~/Documents
    and click on the file. If I create a different folder when downloading,
    I just go to that folder in Dolphin. What's the problem you're having?

--
    Kevin Miller
    Juneau, Alaska
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    "In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
    - Lawrence Summers

On 04/01/2011 07:06 PM, 6tr6tr wrote:
    >
    > Anyone have an idea?

it is easytag that seems to have hyjacked the system and not allow
    Dolphin to do as it should, right?

so, i look in the openSUSE repos and i don't find easytag, therefore i
    can only conclude:

-it is a bad actor in openSUSE, or
    -it had a faulty install, or
    -after its install it was damaged in some way

how did you install easytag?
    did you have any errors when you installed it?
    did it ever work correctly AND not interfere with Dolphin?

--
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    Tried LibreOffice? Do that and help at http://is.gd/dZ9j2W
    [NNTP via openSUSE 11.3 + KDE4.5.5 + Thunderbird3.1.8]

Default Re : Re: How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

Hi,

You can set that in the firefox preferences->applications tab. Did you try it?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    On 04/01/2011 07:06 PM, 6tr6tr wrote:
    >
    > Anyone have an idea?

it is easytag that seems to have hyjacked the system and not allow
    Dolphin to do as it should, right?

so, i look in the openSUSE repos and i don't find easytag, therefore i
    can only conclude:

-it is a bad actor in openSUSE, or
    -it had a faulty install, or
    -after its install it was damaged in some way

how did you install easytag?
    did you have any errors when you installed it?
    did it ever work correctly AND not interfere with Dolphin?

--
    CAVEAT: C A V E A T
    Tried LibreOffice? Do that and help at Welcome LibreOffice Funding Challenge
    [NNTP via openSUSE 11.3 + KDE4.5.5 + Thunderbird3.1.8]
    I installed it via YAST.

CLARIFICATION: It only uses EasyTag to open a folder when I right-click in the Firefox Downloads Window and select "Open Containing Folder...". If I am in Dolphin, it continues using dolphin.

EasyTag has definitely taken "responsibility" for opening files that it should not be opening. But basically this is a question for anyone who understands the mime-handling of a KDE/OpenSUSE system. There seems to be some place where it's still being "told" to use EasyTag to open folders. I changed mimeinfo.cache and mimeapps.list but still it looks for EasyTag, so I'm thinking there's another file out there that's consulted by the system.

Default Re: Re : Re: How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

Quote Originally Posted by DaaX View Post
    Hi,

You can set that in the firefox preferences->applications tab. Did you try it?
    No you can't. Nowhere under that tab is a mime type for folders, and it won't let me add anything to it.

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: How use Dolphin to "open containing folder" from firefox downloads?

Oh! I thought there was.... Sorry....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast