Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

  1. #1

    Default KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    I recently installed openSUSE 11.4 from its KDE Live CD and I am having some window manager rendering issues I am attaching the screenshots along with my installation.

    The buttons look old and do not seem to be in place.

    SUSE Paste

    SUSE Paste

    Any suggestions as to what libraries I may have been missing

    This happens with non native apps like LibreOffice, Chromium, Firefix etc
    Manu Gupta
    Manipal Institute Of Technology
    Manipal, Karnataka - 576104
    India

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    3,072

    Default Απ: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    The buttons look old and do not seem to be in place.
    Hello and welcome!! Which buttons do you mean?
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE 12,3||x86_64||KDE 4.10.5||AMD PHENOM II X3||AMD RADEON 6990.
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  3. #3

    Default Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Hi If you look at the tool bar and the menu bar
    Manu Gupta
    Manipal Institute Of Technology
    Manipal, Karnataka - 576104
    India

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    3,072

    Default Απ: Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Quote Originally Posted by manugupt1 View Post
    Hi If you look at the tool bar and the menu bar
    Sorry but I can not see a problem. It is normal
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE 12,3||x86_64||KDE 4.10.5||AMD PHENOM II X3||AMD RADEON 6990.
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Quote Originally Posted by manugupt1 View Post
    I recently installed openSUSE 11.4 from its KDE Live CD and I am having some window manager rendering issues I am attaching the screenshots along with my installation.

    The buttons look old and do not seem to be in place.

    SUSE Paste

    SUSE Paste

    Any suggestions as to what libraries I may have been missing

    This happens with non native apps like LibreOffice, Chromium, Firefix etc
    Then have a look at 'Gtk Styles and Fonts' in Personal Settings. Choosing a different style might work wonders.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    3,072

    Default Απ: Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Emsworth View Post
    Then have a look at 'Gtk Styles and Fonts' in Personal Settings. Choosing a different style might work wonders.
    Yeahh go here
    start menu-->system settings-->application appearance



    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE 12,3||x86_64||KDE 4.10.5||AMD PHENOM II X3||AMD RADEON 6990.
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  7. #7

    Default Re: Απ: Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Ha I had already tried GTK+ Style but that does not solve the problem
    Manu Gupta
    Manipal Institute Of Technology
    Manipal, Karnataka - 576104
    India

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    3,072

    Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    Try with other theme or style.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE 12,3||x86_64||KDE 4.10.5||AMD PHENOM II X3||AMD RADEON 6990.
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  9. #9

    Default Re: KDE Desktop Window Rendering issues in openSUSE 11.4

    I already did that.. any other solutions
    Manu Gupta
    Manipal Institute Of Technology
    Manipal, Karnataka - 576104
    India

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •