Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

Default VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

hello guys i have been spending hours trying to figure out how to get the kmix applet to work.. i added all channels and i still cant get the audio to work. actually the audio works but i cant lower the volume. what should i install to get the kmix work properly? i also tryed to configure it from yast but with no luck.i am running suse 11.3 64 bit KDE
    thanks

Default Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

So you have sound, right?

By right-clicking the icon of kmix in the tray, chose channel and I think it is PCM you have to use. Anyway, open kmix and try every channel. You can also do it in terminal with alsamixer.

Default Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

i tryedas i sayd before i added all channels and i still cant get the audio to work. i tryed configuring the audio card from yast sound option. but i cant find my soundcard in the lsit

Default Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

ok now the audio works great. i can lower and higer the volume with the keyboard or with the applet but i cant mute the volume with the mute button on the keyboard. anyone know why

Default Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

So, what was the problem?

Check in kde system config and assign that key to the mute events in the keyboard mapping.

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

worked thank you very much

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

i have notused that when i lower the speakers to about 20% with kmix i can only hear sound coming out of the central speaker. i have checked 20 times channels and everything but still cant figure out how to have the same volume on all speakers (5.1) must be a driver probel i am not sure

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

I don't think it is a driver problem, but a channel problem in kmix.

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

i tryed adding channels and everything even reinstallign the whole system but still not working.

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio drivers

i tryed running the alsa script this is the output.
    !!################################ !!ALSA Informa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast