removing a repo

I wasn’t paying proper attention when adding a repo to yast and need to find the file were the info is saved to delete this.

The problem is that whenever i use yast it comes up with an error code saying that it can’t find the data for the ‘problem’ repo. Have tried zypper rm but that comes up with a similar error advising that the data is in a format that was not expected.

My thinking is to track the file were the yast repo source details are saved, delete this and then just add the repos that i use back. Any ideas?

Many thanks

wre yast records repo remove the

I wouldn’t go for your option. The repo and package management is quite a complex system, manual interference may bring more trouble.
Please post the exact message, and post the output of

zypper lr -d

‘zypper rm’ is not for removing repos, it’s for packages.

Thanks for posting. My repo list is:-

opensuse:/home/garry # zypper lr -d

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

—±-----------------------------±------------------------±--------±--------±---------±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | download.opensuse.org-update | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.4 |
2 | ftp.uni-erlangen.de-suse | packman | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/mirrors/packman/suse/11.3/ |
3 | iso | iso | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | iso:///?iso=openSUSE-DVD-Build0845-x86_64.iso&url=file:///windows/G/ |
4 | kde | kde | Yes | Yes | 99 | plaindir | dir:///home/garry/kde |
5 | kde_3.5 | kde 3.5 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_Factory |
6 | kde_4.5_factory | kde 4.5 factory | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Distro:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory |
7 | mozilla_factory | mozilla factory | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/SUSE_Factory |
8 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-1.27 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-1.27 | No | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr1,/dev/sr0 |
9 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.4-Non-Oss | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /factory-snapshot/repo/non-oss |
10 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.4-Oss | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /factory-snapshot/repo/oss |
opensuse:/home/garry #

The problem one is not listed.

Is there a zypper comand that will remove everything in my repos?

Many thanks

found the folders in etc/zypp and sorted the problem

But you should not remove a repo by simply removing its file in /etc/zypp/repos.d, but via YaST (there’s a module for repository management) oy using zypper. The syntax for zypper is

zypper rr #|URL|alias

[rr = remove repo]

…so for example in case you’d like to remove the KDE3.5 repo:

zypper rr 5
## or
zypper rr http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE3/openSUSE_Factory/
## or
zypper rr kde_3.5

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:36:03 +0530, gropiuskalle
<gropiuskalle@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> But you should not remove a repo by simply removing its file in
> /etc/zypp/repos.d, but via YaST (there’s a module for repository
> management) oy using zypper.

it may seem that zypper ar / lr -d does the same thing, add or remove
entries from the repos.d/ directory. but there’s at least one thing more
they do: add a log entry, which may come very helpful in the future –
when you’re wondering why things don’t work as expected, or what exactly
you removed. you may very well forget deleting those files, but those log
entries remain.

phani.

it was the repo.d file that was damaged due to me making a mess-up adding a repo to it and the problem repo was not being listed in yast or zypper (so couldn’t be removed from either in the normal way).

deleting everything in etc/zypper wiped everything - so did the job