MP3 players compatible with linux

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good mp3 player that is compatible with linux, that is, easily manageable.

Does a android base player more compatible? Apple one?

Any suggestion and good recommendation on this?

Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

I have found that the cheaper the media player the more compatible with Linux it generally is. I have had good luck with San Disk’s Saza line of products. I now use my Droid as my media player and it works extremely well (It also ensures I have my cell on me when running – too many hit and runs not to carry one these days). If you go with an Apple product, you’ll want to read up on the specific model you’re looking at because some are more compatible than others. What ever you get, buy it from someplace with a decent return policy, so you can just take it back it it doesn’t meet your needs.

HCL:Gadgets - openSUSE

Thanks for the info.

Did someone try the Archos players?

IIRC they used to claim Linux compatibility

Android, aren’t they? I’d say yes.

Yep, they claim to be linux compatible and they indeed have android base product. It seems interesting. But, before purchasing, I was wondering if someone has some experience with it.

Doesn’t seem though… :wink:

I have a Sansa Fuze that works well and is one of few I think that will play ogg format.

Also check the Cowon range. These are widely considered to offer some of the best playback sound quality available.

I have a Cowon D2+ and it cooperates nicely with OpenSUSE.

It also supports ogg and flac, so I think it is worthy of consideration for those who prefer open standards.

Paul

I everyone,

Just for information. I bought an Archos 5 Android Internet Tablet and it really works well. Fully compatible with linux. Worth the cost. :slight_smile:

A great recommendation!

Here’s a link : ARCHOS