Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange openoffice-org-kde4 behavior

Default Strange openoffice-org-kde4 behavior

In opensuse 11.2, for all versions of openoffice3 in kde4 (from 3.1.1.4 to latest 3.2.0.4) with openoffice-org-kde4 installed, whenever I copy content from one writer instance to another, the openoffice file dialogue becomes exceedingly slow. If I uninstall openoffice-org-kde4, the openoffice file dialogue is of course no longer kde4-enabled and the slowness goes away, although it has its own problem. Also, in Gnome, it behaves normally.

Has anyone seen this problem also?

thanks

Woojin

Default Re: Strange openoffice-org-kde4 behavior

I have same issue with openoffice.org-kde4 package on Kubuntu Karmic!
    And if I uninstall openoffice.org-kde4 package, file dialog works quickly!
    KDE4 file dialog slows when browsing folders, I thing in operation "Load folder contents", but I didn't know how to debug this process for locate the problem.
    Problem exists in KDE 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 too. Other file dialogs (for example, in kate, works quckly.

woojinlee, does you got any additional info for creating bug report?

Try disabling Klipper. If that solves it, you can re-enable it and play around with the configuration options. Can't remember which one eventually solved the issue for me, but there aren't many anyway :-)
    Günter

Desk: openSUSE 12.3, KDE4.10.2, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA, dual monitors.
    Lap: Toshiba Satellite L300, openSUSE 12.3, KDE4.10.2, Intel C2D 2.1GHz CPU, 4Gb, Intel X3100 video.

Disabling klipper solves the copy&paste problem but the temporary freeze on plasma's folder browsing is still there. It still takes several seconds to browse folder in the openoffice's file dialogue once you've done a copy&paste.

It looks like ubuntu folks are having same issue...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/311251

Angry Re: Strange openoffice-org-kde4 behavior

No, disabling (unload from memory) klipper didn't solve the problem with slow file dialogs in openoffice.org-kde.
    openoffice.org kde4 dialogs have very slow time only when reading folder contents, I need wait 1-10 seconds each time after change folder. In kate file dialog folders changes instantly.

Has anybody found a solution to this or logged a bug?

I have exactly the same with opensuse 11.2 and oo3.1.1.5

For me (opensuse 11.2, kde 4.3.5-3, Ooo 3.2.0.5), the slowing down occurs in the kde4-file-dialog box only after some operation of copy-paste, but not always. When I close openoffice and restart it, there is no slowing more.
    When slowing occurs, it seems to happen in konqueror's tabs change too. Maybe other actions too?

Does anyone know if this is fixed with OOo3.2.1?

Woojin

Lightbulb Re: Strange openoffice-org-kde4 behavior

Found a workaround, described at: clear clipboard or copy something from other (non-openoffice) app to clipboard, and freezing dialogs disappear.
    More info at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rg/+bug/590406
    Does we have open bug about this problem in opensuse bugtracker?

Hi,

I submitted a Novel bug report some month ago:
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=616047

No new bug report is necessary, but perhaps you could add you experience (more persons=higher change for a patch?)

Best wishes

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast